Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2023, 07:41 AM

Toad in Hole Tuesday 31st January 2023

Morning everyone. Yep there is a theme here. Hope you all had a good evening. I watched Silent Witness, looks like it will be the last one tonight. Hope another series comes along. Dry this morning and the sun looks like it will show it's face. Anyone remember the face of the sun on Tellytubbies? Have a good day folks.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

31-01-2023, 09:29 AM
Morning brenda and all to follow.
Sorry been absent for a couple of days trying to get washing dry from our few days away and Freya yesterday and a puppy popped up.
Not a friend as such a friend through the Bernese world. A lovely boy face is a bit over-marked too much white, and health testing a bit sketchy.
Got some friends and a breeder (Dillon's) to take a look for me, plus a question mark over the dads death.
So many phone calls my own research and after advice pulled out.
They wanted top dollar for him and although we aren't going into the show world if you want top dollar I want correct markings and good health tests.
The friend has gone ahead with purchasing her choice and someone else went to view the other boy yesterday and is also going ahead.
I am a bit mentally shattered.
So on the lookout again have people keeping ears to the ground and a couple to follow up.

Sorry if I have missed anything important.
If I have hugs and get well wishes.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2023, 09:54 AM
Whenever I read about you wanting another Bernese Lynn I remember my friend who breeds them down here in Sussex. Good Luck in finding one. And yep if they want top money then the dog has to be perfect.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2023, 10:15 AM
Good morning people

Work shortly its bright a bit overcast (contradiction maybe) but breezy. Hope this is a turn towards brighter days, I like Winter but equally like Spring Summer and Autumn LOL each has its place.

Brenda I see the theme coming through I recall small children moving foot to foot in the living room with the telly tubby music LOL

Lynn Weather here is drying weather will send some across to you. My ears perked up when you said Puppy the marking I understand but the health tests and death of sire I think would raise questions with me as well sounds like right choice made. Your one will come along do you think you will be keeping the new to you car when repaired if high to get in out of? When do you start caravan hols?

Chris What's the weather like by you? a friend of mine think I have mentioned is living in Scarborough now she is adoring it was in Whitby the other day.

Griff Hope all is good with you all

Sue Has the car gone off to be made better today? I will be attempting to get into the garden these coming days when I can, brings you to life mentally being out and working in the fresh air doing what you love. Hope your granddaughter is feeling a little better and back at school.

To all have a good day catch you laters alligators
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2023, 01:14 PM
Good afternoon everyone

Enjoy your day Brenda

Don't work too hard Kazz

I agree top price means good dog and health tested. I too would have pulled out

Car seems to be behaving and the brake warning light is either a faulty sensor or dirt on the sensor but not to worry about it but get it looked at sometime.

Busy again today. School run this morning, had to pop into their doctors to get a form to register 3rd child then on to Tesco for half the monthly shop. Rest will be got tomorrow. Maria is a little better and has gone to school but ow the second, Ana is off today with a bad cough. Been given antibiotics as she has had it for three week if that doesn't help then further investigation. They are all off tomorrow with the teachers strike. Out again soon on second school run

Take care everyone
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2023, 05:57 PM
Good evening all

A lot milder of late with some on and off sunshine, but the wind has picked up this last couple of days

Had some major bad news today. My sister had a fall yesterday and has fractured her skull and has a bleed on the brain. For now, after reviewing the scans, they are just monitoring. The fractured skull will heal itself, but the bleed is hit and miss as to whether it will resolve itself. She's vomiting all the time and has two black eyes. My nephew is keeping me updated and I have everything crossed things settle down. She's my sister, best mate and second mum. It's so unsettling being this far away, but with the cough still attacking at odd times, I don't think they'd allow me in to see her

Hoping and praying things go well
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2023, 07:00 PM
Flipping heck Chris so sorry to read this I do hope she improves and everything settles down for your sister.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2023, 07:01 PM
Sue I suspect the bug will do the round just try to make sure your round is missed. Are the plans still to return to Brazil in August, if so whatever will you do seems such a shame when they have obviously settled so well