Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2009, 09:37 PM
Lynn is this Grappenhall Heyes?
lynnb
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-06-2009, 10:17 PM
No rach, its a school in stockton heath.
Why have they had some children there with it too?
lynnb
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-06-2009, 10:35 PM
Originally Posted by Fudgeley View Post
Lynn is this Grappenhall Heyes?
You are correct rach it is grappenhall heyes, sorry i'v just been in contact with my DIL. the previous info was given to me by my son. (men)!!!!!
The reason they sent out the letter is because some of the pupils from my grandsons school have been in contact with the class or child thats infected.
Note to self," must remember to ask the sensible one in future"
Greyhawk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2009, 06:17 PM
Originally Posted by greyhoundk View Post
A little bit different to this but still a bit worrying - my son returned last Friday from a week residential trip at PGL Marchants Hill in Surrey. On Tuesday this week we got a letter saying that one of the children from a different school on the trip had swine flu.
GreyhoundK - I am sure this is the same trip that my niece went on. She went back to her own school on the Monday, her school received the letter on the Tuesday stating that a child from another school had come down with Swine Flu and she has since come down with Swine Flu herself (confirmed by Lab testing) as has her mother.
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2009, 06:32 PM
Originally Posted by lynnb View Post
You are correct rach it is grappenhall heyes, sorry i'v just been in contact with my DIL. the previous info was given to me by my son. (men)!!!!!
The reason they sent out the letter is because some of the pupils from my grandsons school have been in contact with the class or child thats infected.
Note to self," must remember to ask the sensible one in future"
Lynne

The children in question are a 5 year old boy from the nursery and a 9 year old who had had a lot of contact outside of the school. Both children have mild symptoms and are improving well at home.Anti-virals have been given to all children who were in the same classses. No further cases have been reported so far. i hope that helps.
lynnb
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-06-2009, 06:40 PM
Originally Posted by Fudgeley View Post
Lynne

The children in question are a 5 year old boy from the nursery and a 9 year old who had had a lot of contact outside of the school. Both children have mild symptoms and are improving well at home.Anti-virals have been given to all children who were in the same classses. No further cases have been reported so far. i hope that helps.
Thanks rach, i will tell my son, so he will know the proper details this time .
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2009, 07:12 PM
I would definitely keep my children off, if swine flu was confirmed at one of their schools. At this time of the Summer term, there isn't a great deal to miss really. Exams are all done and to me health is more important than anything!
tink
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2009, 11:06 AM
My Harvey was diagnosed with Swine flu yesterday and is being treated with Tamiflu.
He's 12 and a strong healthy boy,it seems to be just the same as normal flu at the moment and he's doing ok so far,bless him.
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2009, 11:11 AM
Originally Posted by tink View Post
My Harvey was diagnosed with Swine flu yesterday and is being treated with Tamiflu.
He's 12 and a strong healthy boy,it seems to be just the same as normal flu at the moment and he's doing ok so far,bless him.
How do they know it's swine flu, as opposed to just normal flu?

I feel absolutely awful today, cold, sore throat, earache, aches and pains and so on. Have requested some antibiotics from the Docs. However, for all I know, I could have the start of swine flu.
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2009, 11:14 AM
Originally Posted by CheekyChihuahua View Post
How do they know it's swine flu, as opposed to just normal flu?

I feel absolutely awful today, cold, sore throat, earache, aches and pains and so on. Have requested some antibiotics from the Docs. However, for all I know, I could have the start of swine flu.
AB's won't touch any type of flu... they'll lessen your symptoms, but won't cure it. You'll run the risk of your body getting used to AB's, so if you need them for anything serious, they may not work properly.

Our HA are treating any kind of 'flu symptom as swine flu, just in case. Off work, and if bad enough, a dose of Tamiflu.

We've had some cases on campus that have been like full blown flu - bed ridden etc, and some that have been more like a throat infection with voice loss. People are told to contact their GP/NHS Direct, and stay off work for a minimum of 7 days.

Personally, I'd rather get it now, than in Sept/Oct/Nov when there is the possibility of it being worse.
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >