Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2005, 01:23 AM
I was wondering...

When your dogs poop in the yard at home, what do you do to dispose of it?...

Do any of you have those dog loo type things that you bury in the ground and put the poop in to be chemically broken down or something?

Or do you put it out in bags with the rubbish or something.
Before we moved we had a downstairs toilet and I actually used to just take it in there and flush it!...Now I don't have a downstairs toilet and there is no way I am taking dog poop indoors and then upstairs...lol

So what do you do?
abbymum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

14-04-2005, 07:00 AM
I got one of those dog loos what a waste of time, now I just bag and bin.
Mary
Lorraine(bws)
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2005, 07:06 AM
the dog loo bins that you are taking about work if you have one dog or 2 small dogs but are not suitable for 4 big boxers lol I agree there is nothing more annoying than standing in someone elses dog poo because they have been too lazy to pick it up I am the same always bulging pockets poo bags in one treats in the other does anyone know the law regarding horses only this week a girl decided to walk her 2 horses past my house now yes I live in the country but it is a single track road that we pay for to maintain she doesnt even live round here but has decided to use it anyway doesnt really lead anywhere just takes you in a semi circle off the main road for a mile and back out onto the road again well anyway her horse decided to drop what I can only discribe as the biggest heap of c...p you haver ever seen right outside my door and she just ignored it then yesterday she was back so I told her very politly that I pick up after my dogs so could she please do the same or go elsewhere she never ever took me on just looked and carried on so today I am waiting we own the road so why should we put up with this but what is the law?? if it happens again I am going to lift it put it in a black bag and take it round to her oh! I better get off my soap box but I was so angry !!
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2005, 07:23 AM
I always take poop bags out with me and pick up after Ozzy in our local park etc. The only time I wouldn't is if we were in an open field or suchlike - I mean if cow-pats are in there I don't think one dog-dollop will harm!!!

It is one of my pet hates when people foul areas like playing grounds, parks and pavements and I have been known to go out to people and tell them off. There is no excuse for this at all, it is just laziness in the extreme and gives other dog-owners a bad name.

As for dog waste at home, I bag and bin too.
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2005, 08:18 AM
I bag and bin at home
Charliefarley
Dogsey Junior
Female 

14-04-2005, 08:38 AM
You can buy biodegradeable nappy sacs now,I get them in sainsburys

What realy puzzles me is when people bag it then throw it in the bushes It would be more environmently friendly just to leave it if that's what you are going to do with it surely?
rich c
Almost a Veteran
Male 

14-04-2005, 08:44 AM
Bag & bin at home.

Living quite near the Northants/Bucks border, I've noticed the following:
Local - great for bins. Lots of 'em.
Milton Keynes - Crap. No bins for it either!
Emm
Dogsey Veteran

14-04-2005, 09:06 AM
When they poop at home I bag and bin it.

Outside I bag and bin it as well - unless we are in the woods then I don't because I'm not crawling through undergrowth to do that.

Where I am there is a serious lack of bins - the council have said they won't be spending the money on putting bins out because its not high priority but they will fine you if you don't scoop your poop! When they say things like that it just sounds like them trying to make more money from people and are not bothered about trying to make it a better place to live.

What I really hate is the people who bag it and then tie it to a tree or bush and leave it - you should see it bags of poo rustling in the wind - it would be better then just to leave it on the ground at least then it would disappear in a few days.

When I'm outside and there is no dog bins I just use public bins - probably disgusting but I have two dogs who are sh*****g machines and I would need a rucksac to carry their poo about with me on a walk!
Archaeopath
Almost a Veteran
Female 

14-04-2005, 09:31 AM
I bag and bin at home now. We still have our dog loo and tried using it when we just had Satch - bearing in mind he was about 4 months old when we got it and it still didn't get rid of the stuff - it just kept mounting up no matter how much of the chemical we tried to use.

Putting it out for the dustman might seem a bit foul, but I guess it's no worse than babies nappies.

Becs
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2005, 10:24 AM
If there are no dog bins, I use a normal bin.
The poo is in a bag, and the bins are emptied reglarly. Deffinately better than leaving it on the floor.

My friend had one of those doggy loos, qand said the chemicals didn't work, so she put a black bin liner in it, and filled that with poo.
When it was full, she tied the bag up and put it out for the bin men.
I have a little bucket thing with a lid, and I put a bag in that, and put the poo in the bad and close the lid. When it's full, I put the bag inside another bag, and throw it out with the rubbish.
Page 4 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »