View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2008, 03:34 PM
Crickey, a bitch in season in the house, I'm surprised you can get any of his attention

I'm sure things will improve vastly once your girl has finished her season.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2008, 04:11 PM
Lol, bless him, he's more interested in her than he will be in you for the time being!

I had the same thing with my rescue when I first got him, but that was because he hadn't lived inside a house, he only had his own room and wasn't allowed in the house, so everything was new as well as me. I just think it's a case of him exploring and you are the explorer in his eyes coz you keep moving around the place, so he's following you! Can you make him a special place to watch you where you spend most of your time? If that's in the kitchen (like me! ), then perhaps if you make a little space for him in the corner, make him lie down there, he can watch what you're up to without worrying about you disappearing? That's what I did anyway.

These things take time, it sounds to me like he doesn't know much about the real World, so it's all quite exciting to him and of course dog's explore with their noses don't they! Have fun with him, he sounds a real character, bless him, I like the sound of this little guy!
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2