Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
sjpurt
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2008, 08:51 PM

how to stop sophie barking at nothing help

Hi guys, sphie my lab is doing my head in she has started bark for no reason that i can see. I take her with me when i go out not all the time thou i have a roter for all the dogs so they each have a turn.

Right sophie started bark at me just as i was leaving the house, i never said any thing just left and waited out side to see if she stopped, as dont want to upset the people next door. well she goes quite quit quickly, which was great but now we have started it when i am home as well, all the doglets get treated the same as only fair.

well if i sit in the front room which is the only room the dogs not aloud ( there is a big wooden gate there so they can see me and OH) she will sit the other side and bark at me i now she wants to be in the room with us but we dont talk to her no eye contact nothing so as not to praise her but she barks on and on and on. what else can i do i end going into the other room to keep her quit still not talking to her etc. She has now started to bark when i am in the same room i just can't think how stop this as i now next door are not happy( long story there), so guys can you help do you think its separation ansiaty(spelling not good sorry). If so what i do to help her feel better and us to have no head ache.

thanks guys sorry a bit long.
Lene
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-05-2008, 10:21 PM
Hi there

I was just wondering if you have had her checked out by a vet? Maybe she's trying to tell you something...

How old is she? Is she neutered?

Hope you get some good advice.

Cheers
Lene
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2008, 05:47 AM
Sorry, Sam, I have no advice to offer. Sounds odd to be that she barks when in the same room as you. I'll leave this one to the experts. Hope you get it sorted soon honey x
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2008, 07:29 AM
Just a query really.

1) you could get her checked at the vets

2) have your been feeling off colour lately

3) sorry I noticed you lost Lottie on the 18/5..........have you been fretting about that...is there a link??????
sjpurt
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2008, 08:23 AM
Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
Just a query really.

1) you could get her checked at the vets

2) have your been feeling off colour lately

3) sorry I noticed you lost Lottie on the 18/5..........have you been fretting about that...is there a link??????
thanks for the reply hun, vets have checked she is healthy, she finished her season about 2weeks ago thought it might of been due to that as she started it at the end of her season maybe she was telling me she was uncomfortable at the time as she was whinning alot then.

i have been off colour for while hun due to knees there is a thread in the health section (fed up with being sick all the time)

Yes have been thinking of lottie alot the last week but dont think its that hun. but thanks.
sjpurt
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2008, 08:26 AM
sophie is 9mths old hun this is my little girl.

[IMG][/IMG]
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2008, 08:37 AM
IMO you have your question answered................. If your in pain she is IMO picking up on it, your down with Lottie's loss to......give Sophie a big hug....she's just trying to tell you she there for you
Lene
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-05-2008, 09:40 AM
I think youngstevie is right... She picking up on your emotions...

She's absolutely gorgeous!

Cheers
Lene
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2008, 09:59 AM
The reason I said that is because....try to explain....we have more than one dog, but Reah is very in tune with me.
When I first took Reah on, she was a wreck, but I owned Meg would was a rock through my divorce and all my upset of debts, abuse, verbal torment from my ex and his new wife etc., However as Reah started to 'come round' she would whine alot, I thought GOD she's still in pain etc.,and kept taking her to the vets (where I worked) then one day my old boss said.....Steph, can I ask have you been unwell, I answered yes, I was waiting for another op on my knee, which was so painful I had to use a walking stick to get around....so my old boss said ' take her away, nothing wrong with her, she's picking up on your pain Well I thought MAD MAN....but ever since if my day is bad and I've had her 7 years now, she does the same thing.
If Patrick and I argue, I'm down, feeling unwell, upset, when it's nearing the anniversary of Megs death....she whines and whines and whines, sometimes barking at me...it drives us mad. Pat aslways says now...'ok what up with you' if I ask 'why' he says because Reah's telling me given Spohie's youngness and breed I think she's in tune with you.....IMO. Hope thats all it is, but I suspect it is.
sjpurt
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2008, 05:06 PM
thanks guys i think you are right she is really my doglet she loves the other OH but follows me every where in doors if i move from room to room or if i go up stairs she will bark then as well. right now she is laid down by the chair with head on my feet if i move them she moves as well. thanks alot for all the advice feel a bit better now thought i was doing some thing wrong. xxx
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >