Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-12-2007, 05:45 PM
Aww Running Cloud what a lovely boy.
Tori
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-12-2007, 07:15 PM
What a nice idea for the thread but very sad at the same time made me cry ((hugs)) to all of you that have lost a faithful friend this year.
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

05-12-2007, 07:32 PM
Not the FIRST christmas, but the first christmas I feel i'm noticing it.
July 27th 06 we made the choice that for Polly,t here was no coming back. Medication and anything our wonderful vet could offer was just per longing her life, and she wasn't the same dog anymore.
She was a one off, and her boots will never be filled. A rescue with one of the most appalling starts ever, yet was a dog that..she was one of "those" dogs. The dog I grew up with and spent most of my life with. She was the best friend a boy could have growing up, and was a super dog. I'd only have to think something and she'd do it, we had a connection. In all the years she was with us, she was never more than a pace away from me..if i sat down she would too, as soon as i rose so would she. It was a really close bond. We were told she was about 6 months when we took her on, so about eight when she was pts..judging by the grey in her face and state of her teeth, our vet actually said he always estimated her about 13/14..which, doesn't really, yet kinda helped in the healing process.
She was a nanny dog, out in the field she was a hardcore working terrier but give her a puppy or a litter of kittens and she went into mother mode.
There will NEVER be another like her. Last christmas was weird,Ralph was so young and family related things just took my mind away from things.
A year n a half on, I still miss her. It's not the same without my shadow.
She was the Queen of darkness, and ruled all with an iron paw, including a family friends Irish Wolfhound-Kelty, who would often be seen being chased around by the old girl

A picture took about two days before she was pts, the years were really wearing in..
novavizz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-12-2007, 08:22 PM
This will be my first Christmas without Ben ,my Yellow Labrador. He joined Russ at the Rainbow Bridge on 17th August this year. He was a lovely lad, nervous of men but great with us. He got on with all dogs especially my friends Boxer, Emma, who he loved. He hardly ever needed a lead, except near roads of course, and just pottered along behind me.

My daughter took this picture only about a month before he died, he went downhill very fast. Bless him, he was a character.
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-12-2007, 09:13 PM
My beautiful babies I lost this year. Sorry they are not dogs.

Nipper aged 9 months. Merry Christmas sweetheart I love you. x

My beautiful sweet baby pink. Just 7 weeks old but I loved you just as deeply as any other. Happy first Christmas baby. x
(Here with her brothers Colin (closest to camera) and Major (Grey and white).

And my beautiful old girl Tabs, left us aged 14 and a half. I love you so much, we've been through a lot together you and I. Merry Christmas sweetheart. x

I miss you so much my beautiful girls, I hope you all have a lovely Christmas together. x
queenwillow
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-12-2007, 09:37 PM

bessey we lost 3 yrs ago (thought you wouldnt mind ) we miss bessey every year , every xmas she would open the pressies and she loved the paper ,we miss you bessey every year ,you lovely girl .
Moonstone
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-12-2007, 10:15 AM
Thinking of all of you who have lost a best friend this year or any year:smt058

This remembrance thread is lovely, when I started it I had no idea how many of us had lost a pet this year.
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4