Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
novavizz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2007, 09:37 PM
Originally Posted by IJF View Post
Undocked Rottweiler at 18 months. Her tail set is incorrect, but I don't care.

My Dobe carries his tail like that and I love it!!!!! Your girl is lovely, you must be really proud of her, just like I am of my "deformed and greyhound" types. Cody is my first undocked Dobe, he is rescued and like my other dogs did not choose whether he had a tail or not, having a tail does not detract from his nature. Tally is also rescued, she came to me docked, her lack of tail was not a factor when it came to giving her a home - she is what she is, just like all of my other dogs, tails and all.
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

07-06-2007, 09:40 PM
I am very much pro-docking, you all know this..and we've had a thousand and one debates about it, so lets not start another! HOWEVER, as you can see..i owned, and loved dearly, my undocked Jack Russell Terrier..despite her tail damage, despite my preference for docked dogs, equally..infact moreso if im honest, than any dog i have or have had.
I once said it, although now on reflect i know I could never do it-i could never surrender a breed i love for not being docked, it will miff me..but we'll just have to get used too it. Simple. NOT to say i have bent to the side of anti dockers, lets just say..i'm the accepting type.
muttzrule
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2007, 02:25 AM
Dobes have got the worst of it.....they look like black and tan greyhounds
I 1)completely disagree, they look nothing like greyhounds 2)highly doubt the Dobes know or care whether the tail is there or not, so clearly it the doberman is no worse off and 3) assert that the only creatures NEGATIVELY impacted by this new law are those people who cannot get used to dogs having tails. Well guess what, over here, dobes don't have ears either - but you guys don't seem to mind the ban on ear cropping.
AnneUK
Almost a Veteran
Female 

08-06-2007, 10:25 AM
Originally Posted by muttzrule View Post
Well guess what, over here, dobes don't have ears either - but you guys don't seem to mind the ban on ear cropping.
I think it'll just take time, I bet in a few years everyone will agree that chopping off a dogs tail is barbaric.
Hewey
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-06-2007, 10:29 AM
Originally Posted by AnneUK View Post
I think it'll just take time, I bet in a few years everyone will agree that chopping off a dogs tail is barbaric.
As people are able to continue seeing its value to working dogs that does not seem likely to me, well, beyond those that are already saying it :smt001
AnneUK
Almost a Veteran
Female 

08-06-2007, 10:39 AM
Originally Posted by Hewey View Post
As people are able to continue seeing its value to working dogs
I think that'll probably change too, as the argument for necessary docking of working dogs doesn't run true.

Meet Sam a 3 year old Ex-Working Cocker/Springer

Never had a tail injury in his life
CavalierCrazy
Almost a Veteran
Female 

08-06-2007, 10:44 AM
Some Rottweilers we meet in the park

Hewey
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-06-2007, 11:01 AM
Originally Posted by AnneUK View Post
I think that'll probably change too, as the argument for necessary docking of working dogs doesn't run true.

Meet Sam a 3 year old Ex-Working Cocker/Springer

Never had a tail injury in his life
After debate in parliament that was how the act was passed so clearly the arguement for the working dog did ring true :smt001 despite being aware, as I am sure they were, that some working dogs with tails will escape injury.
Page 7 of 7 « First < 4 5 6 7