Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
PurpleJackdaw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-04-2006, 10:43 PM

Grrrr Some people

Tonight I was speaking to somone I know ,she bred her bitch a while ago for profit the dog had some still borns ,2 deformed pups that died and 2 that died after a few days but she still mannaged to make a nice profit
Well she told me that the bitch was in season a while ago and was put to a stud - this is the very next season after her last litter she was happy that she is most likely pregnant again ,I told her that should not be done as the poor dog needs time to recover from her last litter ,but she insisted that this was in the dogs best interests as she is about 6/7 she has more chance of pyometra so its better to get her pregnant so she cant get an infection she even said her vet recomended this action
And she tried to tell me this was natural as in the wild she would be breeding at every season ,I told her this is not the case as Wolves dont have seasons twice a year and only the Alpha breeds
Grrrr some people get me so mad ,she pretends to know it all and care for her animals ,but she is just a puppy miller
Bodhi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-04-2006, 10:48 PM
Slip her some relevent, shocking, REAL info through her letter box.
huskadie
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-04-2006, 05:00 AM
PJD go to page 2,gen dog chat and look at thread titled the miracle of birth by mo-maybe posting a copy of that thro' her door might make her think twice??-although sounds like she knows best??!!!-NOT
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-04-2006, 06:15 AM
What a shame,no getting through to some people.
PurpleJackdaw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2006, 07:32 AM
I could try giving her that piece about the miracle of birth but I doubt it would do any good She is trying to convince everyone she is doing this for the dogs good ,I tried to tell her about the dangers in pregnancy ,that is more risky than the chance of pyometra ,but no she knows better ,I tried to tell her she should have found out why the 2 pups were deformed before concidering breeding from her again ,but again she said the dog is from good lines so she must have got a knock or the urine infection she had last time ,she wouldnt know what a good line was if it bit her - the dog looks more like a x breed than what she is supposed to be also the person who she bought her from kept the dog in a kennel all her life for breeding because she is a "Rare Colour" ie non standard
Doggydina
Almost a Veteran
Female 

18-04-2006, 10:25 AM
Should laws against these people owning dogs...