View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2010, 05:11 PM

And still the press slate Bull Terriers...

I came across this article today and despite the story being to do with a judge's decision over an owners request, the press couldn't help but whip up some more anti-bull terrier feeling.

In describing the dog, a Staffordshire Bull Terrier, the journalist feels the need to liken the breed to the 'much larger American pit bull terrier'. This I feel was done to alarm.

Also the photo used displays a staff barking and some would say, looking aggressive. Infact the dog looks to me like he was sneezing but why couldn't they have used a picture where the dogs mouth was shut.

This story had nothing to do with any form of dog aggression and yet the implication is there.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-look-dog.html
tillytheterrier
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2010, 05:18 PM
Why even feel the need to put a picture of a staff or even say what breed it was? Just another headline grabbing picture to sell a few extra copies!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2010, 05:30 PM
I agree, why even put up the picture? Afterall, we all know what a staffie looks like and surely they know we all know after all the hype they themselves have kicked off about them!!!

I have my doubts about the man himself though..... a dog lover (he's like a child to me ) carrying out greivous bodily harm I very much doubt his real concerns were with the dog quite honestly, I feel he's gonna do a runner before Friday, leaving his beloved dog to fend for itself, and I think the police think the same
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2010, 05:36 PM
just typical- was their any need to post a picture of the breed and if they really wanted a photo of the breed how about one of them being normal !!
total crap reporting as usual
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2010, 06:12 PM
Originally Posted by Brundog View Post
just typical- was their any need to post a picture of the breed and if they really wanted a photo of the breed how about one of them being normal !!
total crap reporting as usual
Because a smily Staffie doesn't sell papers!!!!

Typical tabloid trash!