Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Harry21
Dogsey Junior
Male 

24-03-2009, 01:29 PM

Grrrr - yes another one

Just had what I guess is my 1st real encounter with a iresponsible dog owner.

Some woman had her two dogs off lead by a field, we both saw each other from a distance. I had shortened my lead and kept Prince by my side. When we were close the woman let her two dogs to run up to my dog. They played nicely with my shepherd but then as the woman walked past one of her dogs charged Prince and went to bite him twice and had a growl at him.

She pretended she didn't see this and walked by me without saying anything. I called her and she eventually spoke to me (after pretending she couldn't hear me) and said twice that it was my fault since my dog was on a lead, and her dogs don't like dogs that are on leads.

I am absolutely shocked by what she said.
Vodkalass
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-03-2009, 01:42 PM
Is it me or isnt there an unwritten rule that if you approach someone with their dog on the lead you either put yours on or keep them at heel? Common sense.
And as for it been your fault what was the alternative to having him on the lead? letting him be unsafe off it?
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2009, 01:43 PM
I called her and she eventually spoke to me (after pretending she couldn't hear me) and said twice that it was my fault since my dog was on a lead, and her dogs don't like dogs that are on leads.
I have had the same happen to me. Vicious dog off lead, mine on lead, stupid owner saying that "he will attack any dog on a lead". I was FUMING and won't repeat what I said. How dare somebody shift the blame onto the dog that is on a lead and under control while their vicious mutt is aggressive and off the lead? sorry, but it makes me so bloody angry.

I hope you gave the silly cow a bollocking. Report it to the dog warden too if her aggressive dog bit yours.

Arrgh!!
Harry21
Dogsey Junior
Male 

24-03-2009, 02:29 PM
I told her if her dogs are aggressive to other dogs they should not be off lead and should be under control. I also said she was an iresponsible dog owner.
honeysmummy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2009, 02:39 PM
Poor you.

Yes spring is in the air and the numptys are out in force i am afraid!
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2009, 02:47 PM
I told her if her dogs are aggressive to other dogs they should not be off lead and should be under control. I also said she was an iresponsible dog owner.
And what did the stupid mare have to say about that?
Harry21
Dogsey Junior
Male 

24-03-2009, 03:01 PM
Not much really. She seemed anoyed at me for even mentioning the whole thing. She walked off again to the next field. She did say it's not her fault to which I replied it was since you are suposed to be in control of them.
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2009, 03:06 PM
A lot of dogs have problem with onlead dogs, my friend's dog is the same.

If you know your dog is bad with dogs on leads, you put it on a lead when you approach someone with an onlead dog, surely??!

But then... I've had my fair share of idiots too... including someone this morning who really wound me up (mainly because, by avoiding him I managed to walk Eddy straight into the path of a sandwich somebody had left next to the bin and therefore caused myself a whole load of problems!!).

People never do cease to amaze me!
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2009, 03:07 PM
She did say it's not her fault to which I replied it was since you are supposed to be in control of them.
What a dumbarse.

I thought dogs had to be kept on leads in Portsmouth anyway? I have a work colleague who is in Hampshire and I swear she said that you are not allowed to let dogs off leads in Portsmouth.
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2009, 03:10 PM
A lot of dogs have problem with onlead dogs, my friend's dog is the same.
Why do they? this makes no sence to me whatsoever. Dogs don't think "Arrr, that dog is ON A LEAD! I MUST ATTACK!". What difference does being a on a lead make?
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »