View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
spot
Dogsey Veteran

01-10-2008, 06:22 PM
Originally Posted by lovezois View Post
As Shona says Spot she and I were both referring to PW and not to you. but just for the record Spot, In Brozois I know of a few cases where the dog was taken into rescue and re-homed and the breeder was not even contacted to ask if they would have the dog back and was not aware that a borzoi of their breeding was in rescue so it is not always that they refused to have them back but that they were not given the opportunity .
Hi there you! Sorry Eunice I wasnt talking about the boo, we dont really know he is a true borzoi and certainly nothing about his breeding apart from he came from Ireland. I was referring to my other 2 who are most certainly pedigree's, and their breeders certainly knew where they were.

However I still do not agree that a pedigree is any less worth of a home than a xbreed and that people should only take on what suits them and that rescues should only allow people to take on what suits their lifestyle. If thats what PW feels comfortable with who is anyone to say what she/he should rescue only that they give them the best of homes?
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

01-10-2008, 06:29 PM
Originally Posted by spot View Post
Hi there you! Sorry Eunice I wasnt talking about the boo, we dont really know he is a true borzoi and certainly nothing about his breeding apart from he came from Ireland. I was referring to my other 2 who are most certainly pedigree's, and their breeders certainly knew where they were.

That's okay Spot but I do know that in Borzois that this has happened and just wanted to point it out.

However I still do not agree that a pedigree is any less worth of a home than a xbreed and that people should only take on what suits them and that rescues should only allow people to take on what suits their lifestyle. If thats what PW feels comfortable with who is anyone to say what she/he should rescue only that they give them the best of homes?
I did not say that a pedigree is any less worthy of a home than a x breed. I was only agreeing with Shona that for PW to have 7 Pedigrees she seems to have a down on breeders breeding pedigrees
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

01-10-2008, 06:33 PM
No your quite right I shall dump my pedigrees back where they came from then in rescue, pity the breeders wouldnt take them back in the first place really.

Why is a xbreed in rescue more deserving a life over a pedigree?
Oh so it was personal? So its just one person who takes pedigree rescue dogs thats bad? Not sure I see the difference quite frankly.

Yep they were dirt cheap thats just why I wanted them - Im one of the cheapskates.

My pedigrees - actually dont need health checks but were bred by what is considered a respected breeder, bred with breeding them to the best standard they can. So why is my dog any less deserving of rescue?
[

Spot you are taking something that was directed too one individual and making turning it into something it is not.

Your dogs are no less deserving than any other dog that has come from rescue be it pedigree or Xbreed.... just the same as PW dogs are, they deserve a home,

The point being... that you have strong convictions, we know and respect you for them, we may clash on many occasions, but you are respected for what you stand by.

And I know you do not preach one thing them do the complete opposite....

PW on the other hand seems to have double standards.... she vehemently opposed the breeding of pedigree.

Yet she has re homed 6 pedigree dogs....

You on the other hand , campaign your course,,, and stick to your guns, you dont give double standards out.

That is why we find it so hard to understand someone who is so passionate about something...going against their convictions.

All dogs are deserving of rescue....but you dont shout your displeasure at breeders/and pedigrees, campaigning only Xbreed are healthier......them go out and get yourself so many pedigree rescue dogs.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

01-10-2008, 06:41 PM
[QUOTE=spot;1496312]Hi there you! Sorry Eunice I wasnt talking about the boo, we dont really know he is a true borzoi and certainly nothing about his breeding apart from he came from Ireland. I was referring to my other 2 who are most certainly pedigree's, and their breeders certainly knew where they were.

However I still do not agree that a pedigree is any less worth of a home than a xbreed and that people should only take on what suits them and that rescues should only allow people to take on what suits their lifestyle. If thats what PW feels comfortable with who is anyone to say what she/he should rescue only that they give them the best of homes?[/QUOTE]

Spot you have it all wrong....nobody has said pedigrees are less worthy of being re-homed... far from it.

But on one point I have to disagree with you.

Any rescue, rehoming any dog, should infant take into account the lifestyle of the people wishing to re home a dog.

The wrong dog in the wrong lifestyle will only result in the dog being sent back or moved on.
spot
Dogsey Veteran

01-10-2008, 07:19 PM
Originally Posted by lovezois View Post
I did not say that a pedigree is any less worthy of a home than a x breed. I was only agreeing with Shona that for PW to have 7 Pedigrees she seems to have a down on breeders breeding pedigrees
But maybe because she has 7 pedigrees from rescue is what turns her against breeders of pedigrees?

[QUOTE=Jackbox;1496329]

However I still do not agree that a pedigree is any less worth of a home than a xbreed and that people should only take on what suits them and that rescues should only allow people to take on what suits their lifestyle. If thats what PW feels comfortable with who is anyone to say what she/he should rescue only that they give them the best of homes?[/QUOTE]

Patch you have it all wrong....nobody has said pedigrees are less worthy of being re-homed... far from it.

But on one point I have to disagree with you.

Any rescue, rehoming any dog, should infant take into account the lifestyle of the people wishing to re home a dog.

The wrong dog in the wrong lifestyle will only result in the dog being sent back or moved on.

Erm not Patch! Its Spot here but Patch was held up as a saint (which she is) for taking on rescues that no one else would and those taking pedigrees catsigated for doing that. Not that the right dog should be in the right home which as I was trying to point out is what should be happening.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2008, 07:58 PM
But maybe because she has 7 pedigrees from rescue is what turns her against breeders of pedigrees?
why would having 7 pedigree dogs turn her against breeders? surely she must see so many more x breeds going through rescue?

But at least we agree that PW is Against breeders
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

01-10-2008, 08:01 PM
[QUOTE=spot;1496378]But maybe because she has 7 pedigrees from rescue is what turns her against breeders of pedigrees?

Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post

Erm not Patch! Its Spot
here but Patch was held up as a saint (which she is) for taking on rescues that no one else would and those taking pedigrees catsigated for doing that. Not that the right dog should be in the right home which as I was trying to point out is what should be happening.

Sorry about that,
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

01-10-2008, 08:08 PM

Hi Spot

Somehow I am not convinced of this sorry, but you are entitled of course to your opinion.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

01-10-2008, 08:13 PM
MMMMMMM, or maybe it is simply double standards!!!!!
mo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2008, 08:14 PM
Spot can I make it clear at this moment in time I am not for one minute having a go at you, as an owner of 5 pedigrees, and also work at a large rescue center I see both sides of the argument, what I find really frustrating is the attitude of a member that is obviously so against pedigree breeders yet owns pedigrees, I am sure on the occassions that those pedigrees being adopted there were also x breeds available that would have been just as suitable to live with that person and their life style, yet they chose the pedigrees, if it was not for the breeders(granted probably bad breeders to allow their dogs to end up in rescue) that person would not have the dogs she is so proud of, I take it as a personal insult when breeders are all tarred with the same brush, I know the difference between bad and good breeders and like to think of myself in the latter catagory. working in the rescue I see the results of bad breeding practices both by pedigree breeders and x breed breeders, and have to say the number of x breeds totally outweigh the pedigrees,

Mo
Page 53 of 65 « First < 3 43 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 63 > Last »