View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
celli
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-09-2012, 08:13 PM
I adore my Kindle, I'm currently reading The 12 Caesars by Suetonius, which gave me a bit of a "whoa man ! " moment, to think I was reading a book, written by a man 1000 years ago, on a device he couldn't ever have imagined in his wildest dreams is amazing to me.
EmmiS
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2012, 08:57 PM
I adore reading. I usually only read academic texts, but I love books like Brideshead Revisited, Coming Up For Air, A Handful of Dust, Madame Bovary.

I'm an unashamed book snob, I don't read trash.
Jet&Copper
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2012, 09:01 PM
Love reading too. I go between scientific articles, factual books and good fiction. Can't beat a bit of Stephen King on a cold dark night
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2012, 09:06 PM
absolutely love reading, and am a very quick reader, if i am into a book of around 400 pages i can read that in 2 hours. On our honeymoon we had a 12 hr flight to vancouver, i took and finished 3 books and watched both inflight movies... then started on my hubbys book !! LOL

i like chick lit, but am also in a book group for mums so i read an intellectual book once a month and chat about it, i love to read and thinks it makes you a much better speller etc

current fave book is The Help..
however my secret addiction is to trashy Janet Evanovich series about bounty hunter Stephanie Plum - hilarious !
SneaksyWhippet
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-09-2012, 06:27 AM
I've always been a big reader. These days I tend to do most of my "reading" via audiobooks on my commute to and from work. The combination of audiobooks and paper books means I can read in almost any situation. I don't have a Kindle but am considering one for my two week holiday to Cuba next year. My audiobooks come from Audible (another Amazon spin-off).

My current audiobook is Ken Follett's latest release "Winter of the World" (I love his historical fiction and have been eagerly anticipating this one) and my current paperback is The Night Circus, which was given to me by a friend.

I often re-read my childhood Enid Blytons too
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-09-2012, 07:19 AM
Originally Posted by rune View Post
I get books from boot sales unless I really want a specific one---like J K Rowlings latest. I have seen all 50 shades three times now at car boots. I never pay more than 50p.

rune
Have you got the new one (has it been released yet)?

If so, or when you do get it, let us know what it's like
celli
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-09-2012, 10:19 AM
Originally Posted by Brundog View Post
, i love to read and thinks it makes you a much better speller etc
It also improves your vocabulary, my new favourite word is now, turpitude , I'm just waiting for a chance to use it
That's the great thing about a kindle, you can instantly look up the meaning of a word.
b-eye
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-09-2012, 10:48 AM
love love love books and reading xxx
Northernsoulgirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-09-2012, 12:28 PM
I love my Kindle too and despite my hubby saying he wasn't too sure about having one, now I've bought him one he just loves it. It means he can also read what I've bought too which is brill. I haven't got wifi access here at home so I do everything through my pc, choosing,downloading etc. I actually prefer it - I can look at covers and read blurbs - just like being in a shop. I also love the fact that if you hate a book (there have been a couple) you can just send them back for refunds and there's never any hassle. I then save them all in my Kindle library on my pc so they're not on my Kindle. I still buy the odd book from car boots etc. if they're cheap enough. I do find the most popular books quite expensive initially on Kindle so still browse Tesco when I come home.
tattoogirl73
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-09-2012, 05:06 PM
i love reading. i'm a swine for having two or three books on the go at once at minute i've got a murder novel on the go upstairs and a mills and boon downstairs. if anyone wants a free copy of the shades of grey trilogy, i've got one they can have. a mate bought me them for my birthday even though i had told her i wouldn't read them. i'll stick to the black lace books

i'm waiting for the kindle fire hd to be released in october to invest in my first kindle. i like the idea of being able to use it to surf the web as well as reading my favourite books
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >