Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Azz
Administrator
Male 

12-04-2011, 06:37 PM

How long did your fridge freezer last?

And what make was it?

An Electrolux one lasted just 18 months!

And a Daewoo one is still going strong some 9 years or so later!
Luthien
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-04-2011, 07:11 PM
We got a second hand Daewoo when we moved 6 years ago, so no idea how old it is, but it is still working fine
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2011, 07:45 PM
We've got a Samsung double door american style fridge and we've had it three years and it's still going strong.

Azz - if it breaks tomorrow I'm going to hold you responsible for tempting fate!!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

12-04-2011, 07:54 PM
We've had various makes including Electrolux and none of them were very long lasting, then we discovered Bosch, I have now standardised on this brand 'cos (touch wood) it has never let me down, we will need a new washing machine soon and I just can't be bothered and don't have the time to read all the competing manufacturers bumph, just go to the nearest Bosch store and get one. Good old German engineering, you just can't beat it.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

12-04-2011, 08:09 PM
I have a whirlpool one that's now out in the garage still going strong and 13 years old. The one in the kitchen is a samsung and about 6years old.
MerlinsMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2011, 08:18 PM
Is it a new model (more eco-friendly) and do you have a cold kitchen?

I had problems with fridges & freezers in my last flat which had a very cold kitchen. I just thought I was really unlucky (they were second-hand) until I discovered that many modern ones stop working when the temperature drops below 12C.
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2011, 08:38 PM
We have a Smeg fridge-freezer and have had it about 6 years now and it works great. Always wanted one of these but too expensive and then saw one advertised as unwanted competition prize so we got it about half-price!

The lady who won it lived in a beautiful country cottage and it didn't go with her style kitchen. It was brand new with all the polythene wrappings on.

I remember driving home with it in our Landrover we had at the time and I was sitting in the passenger seat with my knees up to my chin really squashed as the seat had been moved so far forward to fit the fridge-freezer in the car! We didn't know our back seats folded forward until we met this lady selling the Smeg as she had the same make and model car and she told us!
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2011, 05:49 PM
We have a whirlpool American side by side which we've had for 6 years. The ice machine sensor broke once but we have it insured as I do all my kitchen appliances.
The washing machine is another story - always breaking damn thing!!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2011, 06:03 PM
I've got a big LG american style thing, freezer one side and fridge the other and it's been going strong for over 4 years and would highly recommend an LG coz I've had the worst with those Indisets in the past they're rubbish imo!

The normal fridge is a whirlpool and it must be 6 years old and never had a problem with that either.

I will never let another Indesit appliance grace my kitchen ever!
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2011, 01:53 PM
Originally Posted by MerlinsMum View Post
Is it a new model (more eco-friendly) and do you have a cold kitchen?

I had problems with fridges & freezers in my last flat which had a very cold kitchen. I just thought I was really unlucky (they were second-hand) until I discovered that many modern ones stop working when the temperature drops below 12C.
Really?! Im glad i have an older one then...my kitchen dropped to -3 in the cold weather last year (very old cottage)
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >