View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2007, 07:30 PM

Evening Walk Turned Into Great PR Exercise!

Started off normally, just returning from a nice evening walk to tire Marius out before Sid came home late and we could chill for the night!

Got onto our estate where I see about 7 kids talking to this lady who owns Border Terriers on our estate. They were trying to stroke her dogs and one of the kids had a squeaky ball and was repeatedly squashing it making it squeak like mad. Another kid had a Jack Russell on the lead and it was bouncing around like it was on drugs lol None of the dogs were playing nicely with the kids, both were yapping, barking and jumping at them.

As I came up the path I could hear one of the children saying "Don't touch it, it's got a muzzle on" and looking at Marius. I told her it wasn't a muzzle it was a Halti, and explained what it was. I told her it was a training device and it was like power steering for dogs:smt002 and I only used it to stop him jumping up as he loved people that much he got over-excited, but he was a baby and would learn when he matured!

One of the kids who knew Marius told her not to be so daft and "everyone knows how nice Marius is - look" and she patted him, next minute he had 7 different children all stroking him one after the other and he gave them a paw each. Big lush was lapping the attention up, all but showing off! Then he had a roll on the ground with the three Border Terriers and Jack Russell,
Her mum (who'd appeared like Mr Benn from nowhere!) - started chatting to me telling me she'd always been afraid of these dogs (Rotties), but could see how lovely he was.

The other four dogs who were present still couldn't be petted by the children and were still jumping up!

After about 20mins he'd given everyone a paw, licked every child until they were practically sopping, played beautifully gently with two dogs that were the size of his head and converted a worried, Rottie-fearful woman into a convert - not bad for an evenings work!

Just as I left them another woman off the estate congratulated me telling me it was a great job I was doing with him and how wonderful he was. I could practically not get into my back door for my swollen head lol-

We may never get an obedience certificate, win a show or any other doggie accolade, but I can tell you now I couldn't be prouder of my boy, even if we did
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2007, 07:33 PM
You have every right to feel chuffed! Well done!
Becky
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2007, 07:35 PM
A great rottie ambassador!!! well done you!
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2007, 07:35 PM
lovely story and well done you
marius - people would have to be mad not to love u
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-08-2007, 07:46 PM
Honestly anne marie, it isn't any more than i would have expected.
He will make you proud, but its down to the bond and work you put in to him as well.
It is a brilliant feeling when your dog chances people views, and see's what you see.
Well done!
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2007, 07:48 PM
Isn't it great when they make you so proud.

We went out for a walk with workmates and their dogs through woods and ended up at a pub with a family garden.

We sat at a bench table and there was a family having an evening meal, who had a little girl who must've been about a year old. She came over to Inca and after her family asked if it was ok was stroking Inca. Inca loved it. My Oh had hold of Inca just in case she tried to give 'paw' but she was so gentle with this little girl and took all the cuddling she could get.
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2007, 08:00 PM
Yay! Go Marius!

It's so nice when you can shatter people's misconceptions about different breeds, isn't it!
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

13-08-2007, 08:10 PM
Well done AM and Marius, he is a big gentle giant of a boy and so handsome with it.
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2007, 08:16 PM
He's certainly a credit to you! What a lovely boy. Give him a big cuddle from me!
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2007, 08:32 PM
Aww cool, well done marius - my dogs unfortunatly would have been more excitable with all the ball squeeking and all that was going on - I can see why you felt so proud
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >