Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
pippam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2012, 05:14 PM

Good quality/dry food/wet

How does a dry/wet food qualify to you as good quality??
What do you believe makes a good quality commercial brand better then the rest??

Their are over dozens of brands of dry/wet foods out their fighting for our approval so that we by their brands and not someone elses, guidelines are very strict so surely all of them are good for your right??? Why are some not so good??

Nope im not planning on switching to dry/wet as I feed Millie raw and im happy to stick with Prize Choice from now on im afraid but im just curious about wet/dry foods.
PB&J
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2012, 05:26 PM
Dry food - preferably meat/meat meal as first ingredient, although that's not necessarily a deal breaker; wheat and maize free; no artificial additives or sugars etc

Wet food - decent meat content (not excluding animal derivatives, it's all good); no cereal fillers; no artificial additives or sugars etc

I am not hugely fussy, but that's what I look for in food for my dog.
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2012, 05:49 PM
Originally Posted by PB&J View Post
Dry food - preferably meat/meat meal as first ingredient, although that's not necessarily a deal breaker; wheat and maize free; no artificial additives or sugars etc

Wet food - decent meat content (not excluding animal derivatives, it's all good); no cereal fillers; no artificial additives or sugars etc

I am not hugely fussy, but that's what I look for in food for my dog.
Ditto to all this
Plus no nasty preservatives...which most dry foods contain
'EU permitted antioxidants' etc
PB&J
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2012, 06:04 PM
Oh yes definitely that too.
Hanlou
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-02-2012, 08:24 PM
High percentage of meat and no-grain preferably.

I've switched to Fish4Ddogs kibble because Arden Grange has maize in it. Wet-food-wise so many have a really low percentage of actual meat and weird fillers and I avoid those like the plague.

I opted for Arden Grange Partners wet food as it's a high percentage meat-wise and is grain free. It's really moist which Whisper loves and price-wise it fitted the price range I had in mind. I can buy it in bulk via the web too which is important to me as it's just so much easier! xx
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2012, 07:42 AM
My criteria for dry food would be grain free and low in carbohydrate, so Orijen for example.

Wet food, difficult to find grain free but vacuum packed over tinned.

There are not DOZENS of foods out there but HUNDREDS and I am not sure why you are under the impression that all of them must be good any more than the hundreds of brands of alcohol, cigarettes or any other human food would be "good"