Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
minskiy
Dogsey Junior
Male 

15-11-2008, 09:08 PM

Roundworms

Our puppy (7,5 week old) was wormed couple weekes ago and second worming wa due in a week time. But yesterday morning we found roundworm in her poo and gave her a pill straight away. Since that moment (sorry for such unpleasant details) her poo is very liquid, like a water and has worms inside. It has been around 36 hours since we gave her this pill and every single time she poos (around 12 times in total) there is a worm.

She was quite bloated but it seems like dissapeared now. Also she eats, but not too much and quite picky. She was in a good mood and quite playfull, but when she woke up one hour ago and went toilet, she was quite said and wasn't interested in her toys. Basically she went back to sleep straight away.

Please let me know if this kind of behaviour is ok? How long does it take to clean out her stomach of worms? And is there anything else we can do to make her feel better?
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2008, 09:20 PM
What worming tablets are you using, are they from the vet??
Sorry just wondered.
minskiy
Dogsey Junior
Male 

15-11-2008, 09:23 PM
Mibemax, our vet gave it to us
Fernsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2008, 09:23 PM
Did you worm her in a couple of weeks ago or were you just told she had been wormed ?
minskiy
Dogsey Junior
Male 

15-11-2008, 09:34 PM
No, i have been told by breeder
Fernsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2008, 09:38 PM
That may or may not be true then , perhaps she missed doing your pup and she has now a lot of worms ?
honeysmummy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2008, 09:40 PM
I would talk to your vet...its not right to me.
Sounds like she hasnt been done to, they should be done every 2 wks from birth....check with your breeder again - did they tell you what they used??
minskiy
Dogsey Junior
Male 

15-11-2008, 09:48 PM
Whatever happened before is not so important anyway (as i'm sure my breeder will keep saying she did it even if she didn't). Problem is how do i make my puppy feel better and get rid of those creatures. I believe this pill should clean her out, is it so? And how long does it take?
Fernsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2008, 09:55 PM
I really don't know but don't exceed the dose . I would think if your puppy has a huge amount of worms to get rid of she may be off colour . Make sure she eats little and often and make sure she is drinking . Keep her cosy and just keep a close eye on her
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2008, 10:10 PM
You can over do worming, but if she has a huge infestations, she will not feel the brightest, and the wormer/worms sounds as if it may of had a effect on her tummy.
Personally I'd give you vet a call, I am not sure how your vet works thier out of hours emergency, but mine will give free advice over the phone. Give it a try.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >