Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sharkfat
New Member!
Male 

15-01-2018, 12:45 AM

Supplement advise for dog with cancer

Hey guys,

Recently one of my dogs has been diagnosed with lymphoma and is currently undergoing chemo etc.

Now my brain is starting to function again I thought I'd sign up and ask for some advise and suggestions regarding supplements to help him. I'll try black magic if anyone thinks it may help!

I'm looking at milk thistle to protect and help his liver and salmon oil to help his immune system. Out of all the salmon oils I've checked they seem the same pretty much, so I was looking at this one https://www.amazon.co.uk/Pets-Purest...117P4ATNC&th=1

If anyone could recommend some decent milk thistle tablets please I'd be very grateful. He is currently 37kg. I did look at the Dorwest ones but he'd need 7 a day, so thought I'd ask on here first.

Not sure if I would need to give him Vitamin E because of the salmon oil or not, so if anyone can help with that I'd be grateful.

Thanks
Sharkfat
New Member!
Male 

19-01-2018, 04:04 PM
Any ideas anyone?
CaroleC
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-01-2018, 06:35 PM
My friend used Apocaps, and a substantial dose of turmeric with black pepper, for her Staffie, whose cancer when discovered, had become too widespread for first line treatment . She has a holistic vet, who recommended the regime, which gave him an extra eighteen months or so of quality life.
Have a read up and see what you think. Best wishes, I hope your boy's treatment goes well.
Sharkfat
New Member!
Male 

21-01-2018, 12:35 AM
Thank you Carole, I really appreciate it
Oldgal
Dogsey Junior
Female 

22-01-2018, 11:52 PM
Sharkfat, I am so sorry to hear about your dog, what devastating news for you.

My friend's cat, George, has a cancerous tumour growing on his heart.
He is an elderly cat, and the vet said the cancer is inoperable.

My friend has been giving him doses of the following herbal medicine, and when he was re-scanned a week ago, the tumour had stopped growing, and the cat was breathing virtually normally.

Instead of his monthly veterinary check-ups, the vet does not want to see him again for 3 months this time.

I do not want to give anyone false hope here, because there is no way of knowing at the moment, whether the tumour will begin to shrink, or start growing again.
All I can say is he is breathing normally now, and able to enjoy his food again.

These are the people my friend buys from, if you wanted to have a read and make your own decision. Best wishes.

https://www.petwellbeing.co.uk/c/dog...ndition/cancer