Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Catmelodian
Dogsey Senior
Male 

13-09-2006, 12:09 AM

Patterdale Pooping in Friends Houses.

Earlier in the year whilst visiting friends locally, 'Sparky' disappeared upstairs shortly before we left, reappearing as we were leaving. Next morning our friend called to say that he'd gotten out of bed to find a sticky substance on his feet. He'd to hop to the shower to get rid of it. Of course it was dog poo which Sparky had deposited the previous evening; under the duvet right at the bottom of the bed. Thankfully our friend took it in good grace and we had a laugh about it. Well, tonight my OH was out at yoga with another friend and her husband elected to look after Sparky (he's very popular you know). Anyway, when the wives returned from yoga it was bedtime for the kids. Their boy went to bed and reappeared shortly thereafter claiming that there was somthing at the bottom of his bed, under the duvet. Of course again it was dog poo. Sparky had been outside only half an hour prior to this. So, any ideas what he's thinking about? He's never done it in our own house since he was a pup. Is it marking? Is he just too lazy to bark at the door? I've no idea.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2006, 05:48 AM
How odd Cat. Sorry, I am particularly ill-qualified to answer, but I'm sure one of our more knowledgable members will be along to assist shortly.

Nice to hear from you again BTW
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-09-2006, 07:13 AM
No ideas sorry but made me giggle.
Will you be getting invited back.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

13-09-2006, 08:23 AM
He won't be popular for long if he carries on like that Sorry.
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2006, 10:06 AM
no idea why but bruno has done exactly the same thing but peeing instead of pooing - he went into their room at a friends house and weed right in the middle of their duvet !!! most embarassing and we have never taken him back - he has never ever been unclean in our house so absoultely no idea why he did it and he has nevber done it anyone else's house since!!

how odd !!
patterlad
Dogsey Senior
Male 

13-09-2006, 10:33 AM
My Pat used to do that on peoples sofas.I think they mark a spot to say thats my little spot so when i return my space will be untouched because i left a little present.
The only way i stopped Molly my Pat from weeing on other friends sofas was to not let her up on mine ever,which made her realize that the sofa is not a doggy bed but for humans only.
So if your dog is allowed on your bed stop it now and keep your door shut and also i no its seems rude but asked your friends to shut all bedroom doors while your there to make sure your dog dont slip up there without you nowing.
To me prevention is the only cure.
Catmelodian
Dogsey Senior
Male 

13-09-2006, 01:34 PM
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
Nice to hear from you again BTW
Hi Vicki, nice too see you back too. You've been absent yourself of late?

Lynn, yes I think we're invited back - Sparky too!

Patterlad, I think you're right. It's some marking deal. Although Sparky does not sleep on our bed, he does come in to see me in the morning and likes to sit at my feet, I go with the prevention idea.

So there we are - he's not doing it just because he finds their choice of fabrics appauling.
MazY
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-09-2006, 01:39 PM
If I'm reading it right, and it's in another house but your own, then I'd be more inclined to think that, even though he had been out only half an hour before, he just needed to go. You, as the owner might well have recognised the signals that he usually gives off when he wants to, but the people looking after him didn't.

He may also, when at home, walk to the door or something to show he wants to go out. But in a different environment, he doesn't actually have the exact same markers and so isn't sure where he needs to stand or pace about to let his need known.

That's my thoughts anyway...
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2006, 02:59 PM
Originally Posted by Catmelodian View Post
Hi Vicki, nice too see you back too. You've been absent yourself of late?
Been on holiday to NewYoik - was only gone for a week though!
Catmelodian
Dogsey Senior
Male 

13-09-2006, 09:45 PM
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
Been on holiday to NewYoik - was only gone for a week though!
So that's how the idle rich spend their time....

Thanks everyone for your thoughtful input.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >