Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Mese
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-08-2012, 04:20 PM

I think someone has swapped my border collies for another breed :shock:

Its not that warm here today , kinda breezy and looks like rain , so as a treat I decided to give my lot an extra walk ... So I go and get their harnesses and call them , nothing happened

So I jangle the harnesses again and shout walkies ... again nothing

I try a third time and this time one very bleary eyed Teddy appears , takes one look at me , yawns and promptly turns around and goes back into the living room where he jumps onto his chair and lies down
Toffee is on the other chair and doesnt even blink an eyelid ... Gypsy , as I discovered when I hunted for her , was crashed on my bed and did nothing more than thump her tail a few times at me

So much for energetic , 24/7 ready for anything border collies
Maisiesmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

19-08-2012, 06:18 PM

The dogs were lazing about in the garden earlier and I thought Polo was a bit too quiet so I'd better check on him. I saw him lying on his side in the outhouse and called his name 3 times before he raised his head, bleary-eyed with his his tongue stuck out!

This heat has got to them all.
Insomnia
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-08-2012, 06:41 PM
I think someone swapped them for Greyhounds
dizzi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

19-08-2012, 07:48 PM
Originally Posted by Insomnia View Post
I think someone swapped them for Greyhounds
Funnily we were holding off doing an evening walk till it cooled down, and hubby went out to empty the bin - Nancy was out there like a shot assuming it was walky time... never seen such speed and exhertion in a pointy.
Kerriebaby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2012, 07:57 PM
Mine have had a weekend with a young labradoodle...they havent even asked for their evening walk.

Old farts, the three of them
sueann
Dogsey Junior
Female 

21-08-2012, 12:46 AM
Originally Posted by Mese View Post
Its not that warm here today , kinda breezy and looks like rain , so as a treat I decided to give my lot an extra walk ... So I go and get their harnesses and call them , nothing happened

So I jangle the harnesses again and shout walkies ... again nothing

I try a third time and this time one very bleary eyed Teddy appears , takes one look at me , yawns and promptly turns around and goes back into the living room where he jumps onto his chair and lies down
Toffee is on the other chair and doesnt even blink an eyelid ... Gypsy , as I discovered when I hunted for her , was crashed on my bed and did nothing more than thump her tail a few times at me

So much for energetic , 24/7 ready for anything border collies
well, you must have worn them out the first time!!
Mese
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-08-2012, 03:37 PM
Originally Posted by sueann View Post
well, you must have worn them out the first time!!
lol , if you knew my three you'd know that was virtually impossible ... or so i've always thought
sueann
Dogsey Junior
Female 

22-08-2012, 12:20 AM
Originally Posted by Mese View Post
lol , if you knew my three you'd know that was virtually impossible ... or so i've always thought
we have a Staffy and he gets a fair bit of exercise when I work in our large garden. He has this ball which I throw for him constantly! We have a neat little routine going and he's happy. You always know if he hasn't had enough exercise by his conduct at night. Not enough and he bounces off the walls a bit but generally he's content to sit and watch TV with us. One day my husband took him and the ball up to an area which is eventually going to be industrial but at the moment there is nothing there. I wish I'd been there with a camera. This ball is extra bouncy and when my husband let loose and really threw it hard, it bounced and bounced and went for miles!!! Bundy loved it! Came home and just collapsed on the sofa. Didn't even want to get up for dinner!! and the next morning after breakfast, he disappeared and when I went looking for him, he'd snuck into my bed and gone back to sleep!!!! So now we know what we need to do to really get him worn out!!