Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

04-05-2012, 10:21 PM

Adorable Harley is an 8 week old German Shepherd boy

Adorable Harley is an 8 week old German Shepherd boy who came into our care on 19th April after his owners realised how big he would grow and regretted buying him on impulse. Harley is a typical playful puppy who is still developing his personality. He is very affectionate and loves his cuddles. He will settle down and sleep once play time is over. He is currently in foster with another dog who he constantly tries to play with so would love a play mate in his new home. We think he would benefit greatly from an older dog to learn from and follow.

He is learning to use puppy pads but as with any puppy his housetraining will need to be continued. Harley has been microchipped, worm and flea treated and has also started his vaccinations. As part of the Liverpool Dog Rescue Police Harley MUST be neutered once he reaches 6 months old and evidence sent via the vet. Harley will require a home with someone around for most of the day and can live with children over 5 years old.

Please note that we will not rehome Harley to anyone without experience of the German Shepherd breed, he may be a cute puppy now but he will grow into a big dog who will need careful handling and training.

4May2012 | Liverpool Dog Rescue 1990
Northernsoulgirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2012, 10:27 PM
Sorry can't offer him a home but he is beautiful, so hope he gets a proper forever home soon. Love his face.
TabithaJ
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2012, 08:22 AM
Oh my, what an adorable boy!

Hard to understand why his owners wouldn't want him; yet more selfish ba$tards who don't research the breed before getting a puppy.

I only wish I knew someone who could help or that I could help myself. Will keep fingers tightly crossed for this beautiful boy.
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2012, 08:41 AM
I think it is just as well they realised they wouldn't be able to cope before he hit adolescence and then would be harder to rehome and re-train?

I hope he gets a fab new home with an experienced owner who knows about his breed.
manda87
New Member!
Female 

05-05-2012, 08:48 AM
aww so cute my mum has same dog rebel and he is now 8 we got him when i was 16 and he is massive wish i could give him a home but live too far away and well i know 1st hand how big they get and i live in a flat so would never get a dog that size as its unfair on them they need loads o exercise my mum lives on a farm and rebel gets walk round 2 fields 3 times a day and could never offer him that hopefully he finds a loving home soon xxx
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2012, 09:05 AM
How sad that in just 8 weeks this dog has left it's mum and siblings, been homed and now ditched and looking to be rehomed.

Both my sons were under 5 when I got my first GSD. So I don't really understand that stipulation?
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2012, 09:16 AM
Thats so sad that he had to end up in rescue at such a baby stage.

Why don't these people think

I hope he gets his forever home where he can blossom xxxxxx
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2012, 09:36 AM
Yes Stevie - I'm wondering how you can possibly make a proper assessment of what the dog is going to be like or grow into when it is only 8wks or less when you decide to 'give it up'? They couldn't have had it five minutes surely? Couldn't have left it's mum much earlier than this could it?
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

05-05-2012, 09:37 AM
How could they not know how big he would grow??

Did he not see the dam ??

And why did they not return him to the breeder ??
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2012, 09:39 AM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
Yes Stevie - I'm wondering how you can possibly make a proper assessment of what the dog is going to be like or grow into when it is only 8wks or less when you decide to 'give it up'? They couldn't have had it five minutes surely? Couldn't have left it's mum much earlier than this could it?
Thats what I was thinking......poor poor soul
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >