Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-06-2011, 09:10 PM

Just realised why

I have been feeling a bit down end of last week the weekend and yesterday.

Ollie would of been 5 yesterday.

You know when you know something is bugging you but you just can't think what it is well that was it I remembered all of a sudden with a jolt this evening.

I had all the extra stuff I learnt last week in my head and it pushed his birthday to the back of my mind.

I took myself off for a walk round the field this evening because I had been feeling so restless all day yesterday after my friend left and today. Now I know why.
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2011, 09:26 PM
Bless ya! Lynn

Ollie will forever be in your heart *Hugs*
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2011, 09:55 PM
{{{hugs}}} hun xx
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2011, 10:37 PM
Aww Lynn (((hugs))).
Shady would have been 6 on 12th of June and I had a bad day then but I am lucky in having the other two to help me.
I didn't realize Ollie and Shady had birthdays so close to each other.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2011, 12:01 AM
Ollie is 5............because in your heart he is safe and happy, as he always will be.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2011, 05:35 AM
Hugs Lynn..... these little things do set us back....

x0x
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2011, 05:43 AM
(((Hugs))), it's still very early days and what with the other news from last week, it's no wonder you're feeling down.

Hope things seem brighter very soon xxx
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2011, 06:14 AM
Hugs Lynn, another reminder to set you back but another one to treasure xxx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-06-2011, 06:51 AM
Thanks all.

I am finding this so hard to move on from I know I found it hard losing Max but I am sure I didn't feel this bad after just over 4 months of losing him.

With Max I knew right from the beginning what he had and that he wasn't going to recover and there was no hope and it was our choice for the palliative care and we knew then roughly how long he had left with us. It was hard. But with Ollie it all seems so different although deep down my insitncts told me we would lose him I still had that glimmer of hope that each test would reveal something and we could find a way for him or there would be a pill that would make him better.

All those things he had wrong with him I think hit home hard. At the moment it doesn't help knowing. Then on Sunday I saw Daisy the labradoodle again who was struck down in a similar way to Ollie a few weeks after him. She was running around on the field. Of course I am pleased for them and that the steroids have been cut down for her and she is coping amazingly well, but it hurts like mad that it wasn't Ollie running about out there.

I have days when I even doubt if I should get another puppy. All the what ifs and knowing that I will at some point have all this heartache to go through again.

Thanks for listening guys. Sorry to of gone on and I know I have to move on now but at this moment in time I am struggling with it.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2011, 07:07 AM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Thanks all.

I am finding this so hard to move on from I know I found it hard losing Max but I am sure I didn't feel this bad after just over 4 months of losing him.

With Max I knew right from the beginning what he had and that he wasn't going to recover and there was no hope and it was our choice for the palliative care and we knew then roughly how long he had left with us. It was hard. But with Ollie it all seems so different although deep down my insitncts told me we would lose him I still had that glimmer of hope that each test would reveal something and we could find a way for him or there would be a pill that would make him better.

All those things he had wrong with him I think hit home hard. At the moment it doesn't help knowing. Then on Sunday I saw Daisy the labradoodle again who was struck down in a similar way to Ollie a few weeks after him. She was running around on the field. Of course I am pleased for them and that the steroids have been cut down for her and she is coping amazingly well, but it hurts like mad that it wasn't Ollie running about out there.

I have days when I even doubt if I should get another puppy. All the what ifs and knowing that I will at some point have all this heartache to go through again.

Thanks for listening guys. Sorry to of gone on and I know I have to move on now but at this moment in time I am struggling with it.
Lynn can I be brutely honest....sorry shoot me later, but if we sit and dwell on the what if's we would never venture on. All the heartache you feel is what made you a wonderful owner. we could sit and say ''what if'' but think of what if it was someone else who had Ollie and Not you he may not of had such a wonderful life.
What you gave him was unconditional love, no questions asked no denying him, just good old fashioned love. You excepted him for what he was and he (if he could) would of thanked you for that.
But for as much as our hearts break over the what if's there comes a time when the what if's need to be ''but it was''....it WAS ...he had a brill life
It WAS ....he had devoted love
It WAS ....he had wonderful owners and a home
And nothing...and I mean Nothing could ever take that away. Ollie may of had a short life but he had a full filled life by simply being yours.

Im sure when your new pup arrives he/she will help repair your heart.....Ollie will make sure of that
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >