Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kelly1966
Dogsey Junior
Female 

14-03-2008, 09:08 AM

I Think My Bitch Is Pregnant!!

My Dog Was In Season About 2 months Ago She Got Out Unexpected, My Husband Was Doing The Car. And Left The Bloody Gate Open She Got Out And We Never Knew She Was About For About 10 Min Because We Didnt Notice I Rang The Vets Today And She Said They Will Be Due In 20 Days My Husband Then Said For Me To Ask Him If We Could Get Rid Of Them They Said No My Husband Is Going Mad But It Was His Falut. What Are The Good Signs Of Pregnacey She Is Very Fat My Husband Thinks He Is Over Feeding Her It Wasnt Till My Daugter Said That Her, Teats Is Letting Milk Out That We Knew.

What Shall I Do?
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2008, 09:19 AM
Get her to the vet and get her checked out. If she is pregnant then you need to treat her accordingly, if not, then you need to get her back into her normal routine, cut back on her food and lots more walks!

What stage of her season did she get out? What day was she on? Hopefully it's just a phantom, but I really suggest you get her to the vet to get it confirmed one way or the other.
Kelly1966
Dogsey Junior
Female 

14-03-2008, 09:20 AM
She Was In Quite late
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2008, 09:33 AM
Her season doesn't stop because she's been mated, the seasons continues as normal.

Get her to the vets, have her scanned at least this way you will know one way or the other.
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2008, 09:46 AM
I have to agree with cc take her to the vet's and have her looked at and scanned if possible, then if she is pregnant you can be prepared, once you find out one way or another come back and we can help you get prepared for any puppies that might be here.
Ps what breed of dog is she?
Kelly1966
Dogsey Junior
Female 

14-03-2008, 09:47 AM
Stafoordshire bull terreier and we think she got caught by a patterdale :@
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2008, 09:58 AM
If she got caught 2 months ago, then she would be due in a weeks time! If she is pregnant you would hopefully be able to feel and see puppy movement by now
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2008, 08:10 PM
Hmm, I really hope this dog is not pregnant. Best get her to the vets.

I think you should seriously consider getting this dog spayed. When in season bitches feel the need to mate and her not being able to do that is not fair on the dog.

Get her spayed, for her own sake.
stafford
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-03-2008, 09:03 PM
not being funny but you said
She Got Out And We Never Knew She Was About For About 10 Min Because We Didnt Notice
So what makes you think it was a patterdale terrier?
But as every one has said you should be taking her to the vets.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

15-03-2008, 08:33 AM
Hi Kelly as you are training to be a vet at The Bristol School of Veterinary Science (see your previous post) I would ask them to give you some instruction in the reproductive cycle of the bitch/preventing unwanted pregnancies/post mating options.

My Daugter Said That Her, Teats Is Letting Milk Out That We Knew.
If the bitch is already lactating it will be to late to do anything about an unwanted pregnancy now, she may of course be having a false pregnancy so a visit to a qualified vet to confirm the condition of your bitch would be your best option.
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 > Last »