View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
MistyBlue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2007, 01:15 PM

pup wont eat! can anyone recomend a pup food for me please?

hiya, my pup wont eat any food we give it, vet said he is really healthy & perfect weight.

we have tried him on pedigree puppy, sainsburys, tescos, science hills, one beginning with E,
both meat & biscuits, sometimes i mix them together for variety but he doesnt care his hungry but jsut wont eat it!

only thing hell eat is the min treats & bit of chicken i put in his kong!

his not starving in any way his happy & always wants to play etc just worried as i hate seeing him excited over his food bowl.......sniffing it and looking at me as though im mad for giving it to him!

any other food i can try?
thanks!
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2007, 01:19 PM
By constantly chopping and changing his food you are making him fussy because he'll just hold out until the next thing is offered.
You need to decide what method you chose to feed, i.e. raw, homecooked, meat and biscuit or dry complete and stick to a good one.
Leave the food down for 15-20 minutes and take away then offer again at next meal time for same length of time and so on.
Also try offering a lot less of the recommended amount so he starts to clear the bowl then increase it gradually til he is eating the relevant ration for him.
Becky
MistyBlue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2007, 01:24 PM
hiya we didnt just keep changing we waited days inbetween, we have got meat & biscuits here, can we not give biscuits & meat together?!
MistyBlue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2007, 01:28 PM
hay! i cant beleive this! just wanted to say thanks! i just throw away the last food & put fresh in, i put half of what i normally give..........and his eating it!!

yippee!
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2007, 01:30 PM
Sometimes having a bit too much can be a tad daunting!
Just stick to smaller more frequent meals until he is eating normally then you can start increasing meal size and reducing numbers.
Becky
MistyBlue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2007, 01:34 PM
hiya thanks! i didnt even think i was giving alot before!!

i guess smaller and often is better!

yah! thanks again!
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2007, 01:44 PM
It will certainly help his digestion if it is small and often!
Becky
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2007, 02:03 PM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
By constantly chopping and changing his food you are making him fussy because he'll just hold out until the next thing is offered.
You need to decide what method you chose to feed, i.e. raw, homecooked, meat and biscuit or dry complete and stick to a good one.
Leave the food down for 15-20 minutes and take away then offer again at next meal time for same length of time and so on.
Also try offering a lot less of the recommended amount so he starts to clear the bowl then increase it gradually til he is eating the relevant ration for him.
Becky
OH! I SO AGREE.....puppy has you sussed. He's playing you up honest.
MistyBlue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2007, 03:19 PM
haha thanks! little sod!!! well little and often from now on!!