Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-07-2014, 06:57 AM

Morning Dogsey daily thread (Sunday).

Morning everyone. Wet and dull here this morning, hopefully it will do what it did yesterday and turn out lovely by lunchtime.
Dillon a bit quiet this morning had a bit of a disturbed night he will come upstairs where it is so hot then needs to go outside to cool off luckily Gorden obliged and got up at 11 and came down while Dillon slept under the gazebo till 3 this morning when it started raining. He then stayed downstairs while Gorden came back to bed then woke us up at 6 coughing he seems to be clearing the congestion off his chest now. Gorden came down again thankfully giving me a boost in case I get another sleepless week .
Popping to Argos later to get a bigger fan for upstairs. Apart from that not much on today just chilling.

Helena hope you and Dave had a lovely meal last night.
Hope you and Pereg had a better night last night Malka.
Hope all other poorlies are feeling better today too. Hooman and furry.
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2014, 07:40 AM
Morning Lynn and all who follow,
It's wet but warm here this morning. Hopefully will brighten up.
We had a disturbed night last night as Rosie didn't settle and came upstairs earlier in the evening, and would not go down! So we let her sleep upstairs but it was very not and she woke me up at least 3 times and then, the idiot next door but one came home at 3.30am. Proceeded to bang on his front door and knock the recycle bin over, then he rang someone, I'm assuming his mum, who then came with a key for him and then decided to ask the drunk prat a load of questions! I wanted to shout 'it's 3.30 in the morning, buddy shut up'!!!! but I didn't cos I have neighbours etc
We off to a fund raiser later but can see me being asleep at tea time.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-07-2014, 07:43 AM
Morning Mandy it seems the dogs are struggling with this humidity the same as us. The vet was telling me and and clients in the waiting room were also saying the same thing. An idiot neighbour in the equation helps nobody does it.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2014, 07:55 AM
Good morning Lynn and all those to follow:

Lynn, sorry you had another disturbed night, likewise here back and forth to the loo but no sickness. Glad Gorden did his bit for you seeing to Dillon.

Nippy Jen, I just have to say I love the picks of Kyla and her uncle at the Pirate party. She is such a pretty little girl and her dress was marvellous.

TW June, sorry nigel was a no sure again but then if it was tipping it down I suppose it wasn't going to happen. Maybe today? Live in hopes.

Malka, I do hope you and Pereg had a better night.

I hope all else is well with everyone and you have a better day we had a humdinger of a thunder storm last night, Steve was out fishing in it. It was teeming down this morning so while Amber ate her frozen chicken wing and drumstick the rain began to ease so we were able to get out without getting too wet. Steve still disapproves of her having the frozen raw chicken but the proof is in the eating she has not been ill or had troubles with it so he has shut up about it at last.

Have a good day all, God bless.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2014, 07:59 AM
Mandy, you posted while I was typing. Sorry you had a bad night. Bdy unsocial neighbours you have hope you don't get that too often.

Amber gets restless and sometimes will lay in front of a tower fan I put on in the lounge or if she is laying on the bed then I have a table top fan on my window ledge to bring the fresh air into the bedroom. I have another two fans besides the same but the noise when all are going is a bit over the top! But if needs be so be it.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2014, 08:20 AM
Morning all.
Lynn I hope you manage to get a bigger fan, sounds like you all could do with one. It is certainly very hot and sticky.
Mandy you should have gone outside at 6 and stated banging things around to get your own back
Moyra lucky you having a thunder storm, I love storms Has it cleared the air at all? Kylas outfit was bought for her by her other Granny, apparently they had to peel it off her for bed last night!!

Well the sun is shining but I'm not sure how long for, there are one or two black clouds.

Ummmm no Helena yet, hope they enjoyed their anniversary celebrations!
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2014, 08:47 AM
Nippy Jen, just changed my previous misspelling of Kyla's name, apologies for getting it wrong. I bet she didn't want to take such a pretty dress off. Bless her.

Yes I also meant to say I hope Helena's meal went well last night.

I am afraid the storm last night has still left it warm and steamy unless that is me. I wanted to put some fans on to cool it down. He disagreed. Although I managed to hoover round the flat I did it with great difficulty because all Steve's fishing gear is laying around as he is drying it before he can put it away and it is still too damp outside for him to put it out under the gazebo as it would take forever to dry out there as the air is so damp.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2014, 08:48 AM
Morning all,
Not really with it here as didn't get to bed till after 3am. I was stupidly sitting up waiting for Charly and Ash to get back from the Eminem concert to let them in when I found out they had the spare key. . I was up again at 6am and woke for a toilet break in that time too.

We have had a bit of rain here this morning, so pleased I managed to cut all the grass yesterday afternoon, when I got back from the show I was at. Decorator is here now painting away and he is also going to get my pictures up for me today too.

Charly and Ash still in bed, Harley popped down to sniff the decorator and has gone back to bed too. I think they enjoyed last night but said they will tell me all about it when they get up.
This was them when they arrived and the view they had from their seats.

Lynn I am pleased Dillon is improving, Harley feels the heat like him as he has a really thick long coat.

Mandy nothing worse than a disturbed night because of other people. At least mine was because of the family and not them being rowdy.

Hope everyone if poorly is improving along with dogs.

Have a good day all.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

13-07-2014, 10:00 AM

Lynn - poor Dillon suffering from the heat, and poor you and Gorden having disturbed night. Hopefully another fan will help him. It must be so difficult for long-coated dogs to cope with, especially if it is humid.

Mandy - luckily I have no close neighbours to disturb me - actually even if they were almost on top of me they are quiet. It is my other "neighbours" who are the cause of the noise here. Sorry to hear that Rosie was also affected by the heat.

Moyra - before I had the air-con unit in my bedroom I had a big fan [on a stand] for my bedroom which was pointed at the bed [not switched onto oscillating] to keep first Little One and now Da Booga cool. Trouble is, especially at the moment, the noise makes her a bit antsy and she feels the heat even more, so I have had to set the air-con on cold enough for her - but a bit too cold for me! So I changed the direction of the louvres to aim at where she sleeps beside my lower legs/feet!

Nippy - I had to laugh at Kyla having to have her lovely outfit peeled off her for bed last night!

Bev - Charley and Ash make such an incredibly beautiful/handsome couple! What a lovely view they had and I am sure they will tell you all about it when they surface! And poor Harley, another one who is affected by the heat.

I hope Helena and Dave enjoyed their anniversary celebrations!

- I think I managed to get to bed not too long after midnight and Da Booga only got me up once - and so far, everything crossed, she has gone 19 hours since the last GM so hopefully this episode is over.

Neither of us heard the binmen so I do not know whether they came before the alarm went at 7am, when she went out for another pee, or after that and before we surfaced, although I would have preferred to sleep longer but even though I can block out the sirens in town and around us, when ours goes off, almost just outside my left ear, no way can I ignore that, so I managed to get up. Just had my first coffee and ketchup and think it will take at least another two before I am fully awake!

My neighbour has, of course, boogered off for the duration, went on Wednesday, although she actually telephoned me just now to say she was going to try to get home tomorrow to collect clean clothes but was then going straight back to whichever brother she is staying with. I politely asked her to please leave the key to our mailbox this time as I am not prepared to wait on her coming back every four or five days for my mail. Why she will not give me a key for it I do not know.

Hope everyone has a good day and that the heat-suffering four-legged ones do not cause too many sleep disturbances for you all tonight and for as long as your heat continues.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-07-2014, 10:06 AM
Lovely piccies of Charly and Ash, Bev. You've sent them to an Eminem concert before haven't you, I bet they were thrilled.
Carried on raining here most of the night, was very very warm and I put the ceiling fan on in the end. Woke up freezing cold because it had changed weather!!!
Seems to be warming up a little more, rain is gone and sky is a bit blue now.
There was a little dog barking non stop most of the evening, it was pouring down and I went out a couple of times with my coat on to try and find it, but I couldn't. No idea what type of people leave a dog out in all that rain, maybe they went out earlier before the rain came down, I don't know.
It must have been barking 3 hours though, poor thing.
It stopped in the end, so perhaps they came home and let it in the house.
That was a beautiful dress that Kyla had, no wonder she wanted to keep it on.
Maybe Helena and Dave are all lurved up still
No sign of Nigel, thought he may venture out this morning, nearly afternoon now, so maybe tomorrow eh
Off to training with Keshi later on, so hope it keeps dry
Malka, you sneaked in. Sounds like you got some sort of sleep for the first time in a while. It was showing how the Iron Dome was picking off the rockets being sent over on the news last night and also that there was a warning out for people to evacuate and it was being ignored.
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 > Last »