View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ioxia
New Member!
Female 

12-09-2005, 06:32 PM

Bonkers For Conkers, Well Coco is not me.

Does any of your puppies do this.

As we walk in the park Coco seems to love to chew on the conker shells, I am forever removing them from her mouth and throwing them away then she almost chokes herself trying to run after them.

Oh and today she did the same with the conker.

Came back and gave her, her tea and she just looked at me, perhaps tomorrow I will chop up some conker and add some shells for roughage and present her with that, only joking
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-09-2005, 07:26 PM
conkers are dangerous to dogs, you have to be very careful! If dogs manage to swallow one, they can cause a blockage!

I think I also read that conkers are poisonous to dogs, I'll have to look it up.
deefin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-09-2005, 07:55 PM
tyson use dto try and eat everything on our walks now he drops what he finda at my feet for a tastier treat .. try trainging to give what he finds to you in exchange for something tastier .. if i forget on the odd occasion to take treats with me tyson no longer bothers picking up bits as he knows hes not going to get anything from swapping it so he doesnt bother , but if he knows i have treats in my pocket he will bring me every bit of crap / rubbish leaves ect he can find
Ioxia
New Member!
Female 

12-09-2005, 08:33 PM
Originally Posted by crazycockers
conkers are dangerous to dogs, you have to be very careful! If dogs manage to swallow one, they can cause a blockage!

I think I also read that conkers are poisonous to dogs, I'll have to look it up.
Ooh thanks for that I never knew that they was poisonous to dogs. Its ok I am on to Coco as soon as I see her pick it up but i will be more vigilant and thanks to other poster who suggested taking treats into park with me, I'll certainley give that one a go.