Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Gems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-09-2005, 05:04 PM

Looking for a black lab bitch puppy

Hey Guys, Looking for a Black Labrador bitch puppy, on behalf of my friend, anyone know of any litters in the south east, pet home only, ta x
Natasha
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-09-2005, 05:17 PM
Cant help you there Gems all the breeders I know live my way, but I have just done a search on the kennel clubs website for the south east and there is a huge list of lab pups that have been born, you will have no trouble finding a breeder if you know what sort of lab she wants
rich c
Almost a Veteran
Male 

03-09-2005, 06:07 PM
Jake's sister's black. A right little madam, apparently. Of course, Jake's behaviour is impeccable! Yellow males rool!

(While we're on the subject of different colour labs, is it just me, or are choccie ones head cases or what? Well more so than yellow or black...)
Gems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-09-2005, 08:36 PM
Thanks Nat, will get browsing when i get a min

Lol Jake choccie labs can be slightly more looney due to severve over breeding, and no regards to tempermant, by puppy farmers
Gems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2005, 05:22 PM
* a puppy has now been found * thanks guys
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2005, 06:03 PM
Originally Posted by Gems
Thanks Nat, will get browsing when i get a min

Lol Jake choccie labs can be slightly more looney due to severve over breeding, and no regards to tempermant, by puppy farmers
Yes but that would mean, that if ... lets say... the yellow labs were the colour, you found least labs in (like chocs now) then the yellows would be the looneys, right?

Its the case of overbreeding and bad breeding that makes the dog looney...

Unfortunately right now, that's the chocs, cos they are the least known colour...

My Luna is not a headcase, and she's a choc.. so u cant really generalize (sp?) between colours... Its from dog to dog..

Or?????
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2005, 07:03 PM
Glad your friend found a pup Gems

I have to agree with Jeanette about the chocs though. Meg is a choc and she's the calmest most well behaved little puppy i've known. Her mum is black and she was a nightmare puppy though! She was WILD!
Gems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2005, 07:29 PM
Choc labs can be, not all are, my choccie was the calmest dog ive ever had, my yellow was a looney lol.
Severe over breeding of chocolates has caused a few bad tempered mad labs, unfortunatly.

but your right colour has nothing to do with temp, but the breeding has
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

11-09-2005, 07:42 PM
you have lost me......
Severe over breeding of chocolates has caused a few bad tempered mad labs, unfortunatly.

i can see why the over breeding can affect the temperment of a line or the dog involved but what has it got to do with the colour?
if a lab is in bred and has a funny nature its down to the lines etc but i can't see what the colour has to do with the nature of the dog.
could you explain to me as a none lab person why chocs are different other than the colour they are still labs?
its like saying all red boxers are more likely to have issues over brindles even though a lot of them will link up at some point in the lines they have come from.( just an example)
Gems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2005, 08:13 PM
Its just because there was and has been a chocolate frenzy everyone wanted a chocolate, puppy farmers cashed in on this, breeding very poor tempered chocs, the result lots of bad tempered chocolates, of course also with the blacks and yellows puppy farmers do the same, but the chocolates have suffered the population boom the most.
Im really not best at explaining, but i know what im trying to say lol
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >