Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2013, 05:30 AM

Morning Dogsey Daily Thread - Sunday

Morning all - it's an early one for me - still on Cyprus time. It rained most of last night and is very damp out there. Nothing stormy or too dramatic yet though.

I hope everyone has a happy Sunday - I am guessing we will all head to a pub lunch (Mart & Mon stayed here last night) then it's packing for me and Jen and head off to Heathrow at around 10am tomorrow.

Jen tells me (late last night) she doesn't actually have a suitcase now (lent it to someone) lol! Kids - huh! Off to town to get one at some stage unless a housemate can oblige!

How lucky were we with that weather for Friday & the Wedding! There would have been no partying in the park if it had been a day later!
Norma808
Almost a Veteran
Female 

28-07-2013, 05:58 AM
Morning Mrs Pat and all who follow
Georgous pics of your family wedding so glad the weather was in your favour ,and all your lovely family all together at the one extremely happy time
Wet ,wet ,wet here if it rains any more going to have to grow webbed feet what a drastic change still clammy though
Nothing new here just the usual very boring note to oneself must get a life
Hope all poorly humansand doglets get better soon ,no ones flooded out n the weather improves
Have a good Sunday what ever your up to
Take care stay safe xxxx
Off to walk the muppets or ,should i say drag the reluctant muppets out
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2013, 06:45 AM
Good morning Mrs Pat, Norma (I was gonna say nutty Norma there but thought you might take offence but it's only cos you make me laugh Norma!) and everyone else who pops in today

Oh my goodness, talk about storms and a half yesterday late afternoon darn sarf. Zena wasn't bothered by the loud thunder and lightening, so I chucked her kibble down on the lounge floor and went into the kitchen to make Dave a sarnie. THEN, the biggest clap of thunder I ever did hear let rip, it made me jump soooo much, that I lifted up my right leg and whacked me knee on the sharp, thin handle on the drawer unit in front of me, and Dave said Zena choked on her kibble almost jumped in the air with all four legs and legged it into the kitchen when she heard my shout! Blimey oh Riley it was loud, the ground shook let alone the house By 10 pm it was all over, the air has cleared and today is cloudy and damp down here.

Pat, beautiful pics I saw on here yesterday of the wedding and hopefully, there'll be lots more when you get back home and get yourself sorted. Hope it was hot enough for you over here in Blighty, but like you say, thank goodness the rain didn't arrive until after the wedding. So glad all went so well for you all and it must have been lovely for you to have all that family around you. Have a safe flight and look forward to hearing more when you're back and settled.

Nothing to do today (yayyyyy ) so a nice, relaxing walk, chuck a chicken in the oven for lunch and slob about. I do have loads of washing from the van yesterday, and hopefully, I'll be able to get it all on the line if it doesn't rain again.

Enjoy your Sunday everyone
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2013, 06:45 AM
Morning Pat, Norma and all who follow.

You were very lucky indeed with the weather Pat, it makes all the difference to a wedding doesn't it. I havn't seen the pics yet so will go and take a look shortly.

Charly and Ash left properly for their new home at 8.30 last night as the rain started and arrived about 11pm. We only had one flash of lightning here and one clap of thunder but I have heard chelmsford had more so I daresay they drove through some stormy weather.
Charly had written me two lovely thank you cards. One from her and Ash thanking me for all I have done to help them and one from her with beautiful words thanking me for all I have done for her over the years. That set the tears rolling between us as it bought home she is now grown and leaving me to really become Ash's wife and starting her own life without me in her own home.
So I start today with all my children flown the nest and just me and Lily here with happy but sad emotions.
I need to crack on here today and start sorting out for the move. There is so much to do and its quite daunting trying to do it all myself.

Lily's Dire-rear has stopped now I have stopped the Zantac but this morning she has a gurgly tummy and a bit of discomfort so I will continue with the chicken and rice again. I am finding it rather expensive feeding it everyday to a large dog and she still seems hungry all the time on it. But it has to be done.

Beautiful and sunny out here this morning but a little cooler with the breeze thank goodness.

Hope you all have a good day. take care.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2013, 06:47 AM
Morning H, you snuck in while I was typing. Hope you get that washing dry.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2013, 07:02 AM
Morning Bev, no you did!!!

Isn't it great that it's all worked out so well for you now, Charly having her own house with Ash as a happily married couple, and you moving into your fab new house with Lily, aren't you glad you made the right decision way back now Bev, you're gonna be in heaven in that new house I just know it How long to go now before you get those much longed for keys then Bev?
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2013, 07:10 AM
I am hoping in about 3 weeks. We still havn't got a firm date as the council are dragging their heels, my HA has sorted everything my end and given the go ahead but her council still need to check the electrics etc out and havn't given a date for that yet.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-07-2013, 07:15 AM
Morning Pat. Enjoy your lunch out and safe journey home.
So pleased the weather held out for the wedding for you.
Morning Helena how's the knee this morning ? I hope it isn't too sore. Enjoy your relaxing day.
Morning Norma.
Morning Bev. You must be feeling mixed emotions today and how nice of Charly to write the cards for you.
At least you have the new house to look forward too it is going to be hard moving on your own but it gives you something to focus on besides missing Charly.
Glad Lily's bottom troubles have stopped hope her gurgly tummy does too.

I am late this morning Dillon got me up at 4ish to go out so I have overslept.
Lots of rain here yesterday evening and some thunder and through the night drying up now though and lovely and fresh today.

Safe and happy Sunday everyone.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2013, 07:23 AM
Morning everyone, just got back from walking Amber definitely cooler out there this morning for which I am truly grateful.

Helena, hope your knee is better this morning. Some of those thunderbolts when they are right overhead do catch you by surprise I know. Probably Zena would not have reacted but for your shout. Anyway hope no real damage was done.

Bev. Oh I feel for you now. But perhaps it is a good thing you are moving so that living alone with Lily will be something that will go with the new house. I lived alone for about 20 years until Steve moved in with me 12 years ago and there are days as he gets older that I wish I were still on my own. You know that time when children start to treat their parents as the child. Well at 68 I am not ready for that yet. But I have noticed it starting so how do I stop him. I know when you get to 50 you do consider you have learned all there is to life but it still doesn't mean you can treat the older generation as children. Oh well I shall have to check him when he does it again.

Have a good day all. God bless.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

28-07-2013, 07:27 AM
'morning Tang and all Dogsey people

OH having a 'lie-in' this morning so I have been able to get on the 'puter first today

Have a great day all of you and hope don't get soaked in the rain if you go out.

Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
then it's packing for me and Jen and head off to Heathrow at around 10am tomorrow.
Crickey, I've only just got my head around you being in England and suddenly you're on you're way back to Cyprus, you're a fast mover Pat

Originally Posted by madmare View Post
So I start today with all my children flown the nest and just me and Lily here with happy but sad emotions.
End of an era Bev, but the start of a new one with you in that new house with Lily and the whole world in front of you.
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 > Last »