Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-11-2005, 09:42 AM

Norton Internet Security

My computer came with a 90 day free Norton Internet Security which runs out today - it has been driving me mad for the last 3 weeks asking me to update it but I stuck it out and made it wait until the very last minute - in fact I think it may have expired now because it hasn't popped up and reminded me today

What I would like to know is this - I have a new Norton Internet security Cd to install (we got it for half price when we bought the computer) and I don't know whether I have to delete the free norton before I put the other one on - will it make any difference if I put it on with the other one still on or not. I am sure I have heard someone on here say they had to take the free one off first - is that right?
Fred
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

20-11-2005, 09:44 AM
i would foxy take it of first
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-11-2005, 09:44 AM
I think you have to remove the free one before installing the next, if you try to install your new version it will prompt you to uninstall the first. We have the same with the PC we bought for the children
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-11-2005, 09:47 AM
I would remove the free version too Foxy - they might conflict
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-11-2005, 09:53 AM
Okay thanks Fred, Crazycockers and Vicki - I will do it now.
Fred
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

20-11-2005, 09:54 AM
Originally Posted by Foxy
Okay thanks Fred, Crazycockers and Vicki - I will do it now.
will you be back online today
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-11-2005, 09:59 AM
Originally Posted by Fred
will you be back online today

Don't be cheeky Fred or I might have to come to Menorca and sort you out

Well I have just encountered another 'little' problem How on earth do I uninstall the free one because I have been in my add and remove programmes and its not listed there How can I delete it if its not there?
Fred
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

20-11-2005, 10:02 AM
Originally Posted by Foxy
Don't be cheeky Fred or I might have to come to Menorca and sort you out

Well I have just encountered another 'little' problem How on earth do I uninstall the free one because I have been in my add and remove programmes and its not listed there How can I delete it if its not there?
not menorca, majorca should be somewhere are you sure you installed it then as crazycocker said if you try to install the the new one it should uninstall the old one
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-11-2005, 10:12 AM
Originally Posted by Fred
not menorca, majorca should be somewhere are you sure you installed it then as crazycocker said if you try to install the the new one it should uninstall the old one

Are you trying to trick me here Fred - I was sure you lived in Menorca

I didn't install the free version - it was already on the computer when I bought it but I can't understand why its not listed in the add remove programmes section - perhaps its a ghost programme - there but you can't really see it?
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-11-2005, 10:13 AM
May be talking nonsense but think even if you load the disk you have and register it you will still need to subscribe when that runs out as you will need to update to get the cover for the latest virus etc. Every day new threats come online and if you leave updating for too long your system may become vulnerable.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >