Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2015, 06:37 AM

Sweetpea, a blossom plucked from the wild

As I have said on the daily, I had a spare place after collie going... and after my wee girl disappeared even if temporarily, I found myself with two 10 year olds in the house. That would not do! So I started a search for a rescue, LOVE eg Bengals BUT as with dogs, there are far too many cats and I have no money.. When I came to Ireland I had the last three of my Siamese stock and made a definite decision to rescue. I did not want a kitten, but an older female in need of a home. And after some searching ( Irish are very very bad at answering emails and of the 8 I sent out only two replies..) I found my new cat, via the SPCA at a new rescue.. see https://www.[a social network].com/pages/Droma...51880668286699.. When I phoned she thought I wanted to drop a cat in and she was full so was delighted when I assured her I WANTED TO TAKE a cat! Bad photo but all I have just now as she is still timid Typical wide wary anxious eyes of a cat who has had to scavenge and be alert and she wolves her food for the same reason..... She was saved from a ******** who had already buried a litter of kittens alive, with her two tinies who were leaving for new homes imminently. That was Thursday and she is gradually getting more confident. I put the flight module cat box inside the dog crate so she is safe and has a hidey hole and am hand feedind her . Now I can pet here and she loves having her ears rubbed.. My big boy cat is very wary but that too will sort over the days and weeks... A needy girl who i very welcome here and will be a house cat ..still yearning for my missing one; have emailed a poster to the local shop and will drop one in ..... Welcome Sweetpea!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-08-2015, 07:55 AM
She is very pretty rose and I am sure will soon settle in.
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2015, 10:19 AM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
She is very pretty rose and I am sure will soon settle in.
Thank you! I would have loved a cat who would be cuddled but this was heavensent and needy. They place kittens easily but older cats are harder. A match made in heaven. They have an older boy who I loved and if he is still there in a couple of weeks and my dear one has not shown...
Blonderosie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2015, 07:23 PM
Sweetpea is beautiful. Love her colouring.I am sure she will settle nicely with your loving care
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2015, 06:00 AM
Originally Posted by Blonderosie View Post
Sweetpea is beautiful. Love her colouring.I am sure she will settle nicely with your loving care
Thank you and yes she is coming on grand. Not gulping her food quite as much,, she had the eight weeks of care while with her kittens and now here. Loving seeing her grow in confidence....still full of milk so am watching that carefully...And this one will be totally a house cat and will see if I can afford microchipping when I get her spayed... Cannot go through losing a cat again. will get a collar for her; not for outside cats with so many trees to climb..