View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

07-08-2008, 04:33 PM

No more "sweeties" or biskits, ever!!!!!!!!

Poor Snorri-dog! He got 3 packets of "Sweeties" in this morning's post. Ten minutes later, the vet phoned to say that he's not allowed sweeties or biscuits ever again because they have too much fat in them. He's not even supposed to have his chicken, either, or, at least, not in the quantities any self-respecting dog would look at

This means that only Kali can have them, and then only "in secret", when Snorri isn't looking.

This is surprisingly hard going - not just for him: I love slipping him the occasional treat, but now it's kinder not to, even though he keeps coming to ask.

He's not even allowed his nightly Dentastick every night - just :now and again".

Nothing but kibble for the rest of his days........

Snorri
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-08-2008, 04:39 PM
Oh, I feel for him, I really do - poor love..... x0x
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-08-2008, 05:32 PM
Hmmm... watch this space... I have a similar problem with Selkie, she's not allowed treats or too much fat or protein.. I have a book of dog food and buscuit recipes and I'm working on some home made no fat treats... Once I get the recipe right I'll post them here. Does mean doing a bit of doggy baking... But call me weird I find it fun

Meanwhile Selkie enjoys the occasional piece of kibble as a treat and hasn't seemed to notice that this is just her normal dog food!

James Wellbeloved do a special low fat treat called Crackerjacks. I haven't had a good look at them yet.
Selkie has never been able to eat anything made by Pedigree Chum.. They have always upset her...
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-08-2008, 05:45 PM
Awww poor little Snorri dog I agree about those Crackerjacks, they're hypoallergenic, no fat, no nothing, and they were one of the very few treats my old Cassie was allowed coz of her EPI she wasn't allowed to have anything with fat in either. If you can't get hold of them up there Snorri I'll send you some? Let me know. P @ H do them and most pet shops, made by James Wellbeloved I think? They do Duck and Rice and Turkey, and they'll be fine for Snorri dog, he's got to have something nice!
Fliggle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-08-2008, 06:04 PM
Poor Snorri, I'm sure you'll find an alternative that he'll be happy to accept.

Heidi
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-08-2008, 06:08 PM
Awwwwwwwww poor Snorri, but look on the bright side, he'll be the fittest dog ever
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

07-08-2008, 09:14 PM
I have e-mailed Wellbeloved ansking them what they think of the suitability of Crackerjacks for Snorri. When I get an answer, I'll ask the vet what she thinks, and, if OK, I'll order some up. The poor wee sod hasn't had a great time recently, and I think he needs a safe treat.

Happier, healthier days

Snorri
Fliggle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2008, 12:04 PM
Oh bless, is he trying to hide from you?

Heidi
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2008, 12:06 PM
Aaaaw poor Snorri
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

08-08-2008, 06:07 PM
Originally Posted by Fliggle View Post
Oh bless, is he trying to hide from you?

Heidi
That corner of the garden has been his favourite hidey-hole since he came here as a 10-week-old puppy - we call it his "nest".

When the unthinkable happens, it is where he will be buried. He seems to love it in there - maybe because it is cool and moist on warm days? And, of course, he can see what's happening (very important for a Border Collie!)

Snorri
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >