Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2011, 11:48 PM

Mouth ulcers

Does anyone have any fantastic miraculous cure for mouth ulcers??

I get them every month (TOTM which i have read can be quite common) and they drive me insane! Just now i use quite strong salty water, which stings a lot but does seem to help... i used to put salt straight onto them but the pain was unbearable, although they went really quick. For the last few months though, i just cant bring myself to put salt straight on them...

Any other things that are good that i could try??
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2011, 11:53 PM
awww, Thankfully I dont get them that often
I just cover them in bonjella and feel sorry for myself

Hope yours heal up quick
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2011, 12:00 AM
Originally Posted by Ben Mcfuzzylugs View Post
awww, Thankfully I dont get them that often
I just cover them in bonjella and feel sorry for myself

Hope yours heal up quick
Thanks

I used to always use bonjela, but then i read that it doesnt actually help it heal and just numbs it... so thats when i started using the dreaded salt... which works great but is so blooming sore, although that does numb it a bit too after the stinging has stopped
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

09-06-2011, 12:21 AM
When i used to cycle in central london daily i got them often ,i would dab neat whisky on .... It worked lol...
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2011, 04:43 AM
I got one on my tongue at minute.
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2011, 05:07 AM
Fortunately I have never suffered from them, however if you have been checked out by the doctor with underlying immune issues have you considered changing your toothpaste to one that does not contain sodium laurate sulphate ie the stuff that makes it foam.

Retardex is one such toothpaste.
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2011, 08:56 AM
That Igloo stuff is really good it puts a protective layer over the ulcer, very effective.
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2011, 10:26 PM
I suffer with them I just use adult bonjela, it helps
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2011, 10:56 PM
I get them on and off and I hate the bladdy things. I will go through several months of having none at all, to then getting a mouth full of them. I've once had one the size of 1p coin, which was lovely.

I've two horrible ones at the moment. I also get them in the throat, which feels like you have a sore throat that lasts several weeks and is painful every time you swallow.

As far as I am aware there is no treatment. I have been told one of the things they are linked to is stress. I notice that I seem to get more of them if I am stressy.
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2011, 11:38 PM
Thanks everyone.

I've been doing a lot of reading about them, and there doesnt seem to be a definite cause but some things that are thought to make them more likely to appear are, vitamin B deficiency, lack of sleep, stress, TOTM due to the change in hormones and things like that... I did read about the toothpaste too, which i am going to change to see if it makes any difference. I also read they shouldn't have baking soda in as well as SLS, so that means my toothpaste is out coz it contains both!

Ulcers in the throat sound terrible i struggle with them in my mouth but would imagine that is much much worse!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >