View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2011, 05:03 PM

Where can I order half a pigs head from?

Still a little wary of feeding lamb so trying to get hold of some half pigs heads for him instead.

Plus any suggestions of new suppliers/suppliers I may not have found out about offering good prices and variety, if you know of any?

Would like some "different" and "bigger" stuff for him..
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2011, 05:15 PM
I used to ask the local butcher.
A little tip - ask him to take the eyes out. Because the dogs don`t eat them and they give you a nasty turn when you come across them later
ps. also - you can ask him to split them as half a head can be a bit much.
Trotters?
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2011, 05:24 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
I used to ask the local butcher.
A little tip - ask him to take the eyes out. Because the dogs don`t eat them and they give you a nasty turn when you come across them later
ps. also - you can ask him to split them as half a head can be a bit much.
Trotters?
Thanks for the tip Claire (thinks, cats like balls that size.....pushes thought OUT of mind..)

I will ask the butcher, every time I ask for stuff though I am told they only get one pig or whatever...still, I don't see that many people asking for heads

When I asked for the lambs kidneys once I was told, "no, we get one lamb a week and that other guy gets the kidneys every Saturday" so that was that!
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2011, 05:26 PM
oh, and yes, he likes trotters too but they don't last that long/fill him up. He loves them though
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2011, 05:36 PM
It's a pity you're not near me as I get pigs heads from my butchers. I've been going there 3 years to get my chicken carcasses and one day asked him if he could get hold of pigs heads. The following week I had some, complete with trotters, tails etc! Now he just gets them me without me asking!
tattoogirl73
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-12-2011, 05:37 PM
If loui is anything like opie, he will love the pigs head. The only part opie leaves isa bit of jaw with teeth. Not found any eyes yet so presume he eats them. Our butcher specializes in pork so I'm lucky enough that he saves me a big bag of trotters and a head every week. Opie just doesn't like liver or kidney from a pig
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2011, 05:40 PM
Originally Posted by Leanne_W View Post
It's a pity you're not near me as I get pigs heads from my butchers. I've been going there 3 years to get my chicken carcasses and one day asked him if he could get hold of pigs heads. The following week I had some, complete with trotters, tails etc! Now he just gets them me without me asking!
Wow, you are LUCKY!

I'd love to have a butchers like that for Loui I asked for a chicken carcass once and they just looked at me like I was mad!

Heads, trotters and tails, Loui would be in heaven
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2011, 05:41 PM
Originally Posted by tattoogirl73 View Post
If loui is anything like opie, he will love the pigs head. The only part opie leaves isa bit of jaw with teeth. Not found any eyes yet so presume he eats them. Our butcher specializes in pork so I'm lucky enough that he saves me a big bag of trotters and a head every week. Opie just doesn't like liver or kidney from a pig
wow, everyone sounds like they have great, busy and generous butchers Loui likes the pig liver and kidney too, he likes all things pork
Carla0305
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-12-2011, 11:11 AM
Im lucky i have a really good butcher. I get both pigs and lambs heads at next to nothing. Breast of lamb is a good size meal and fairly cheap too
DvnBiker
Dogsey Junior

18-12-2011, 05:52 PM
well I think I may have finally found a good butcher, a new one has opened up and has said to go see him in the new year and we can sort out my getting chicken carcusses etc from him. - yipee
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >