View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2011, 06:48 PM

Crufts BIS - are dogs allowed in to the arena?

As the title says.....

As I'm going to be at Crufts with Roxy on the Saturday and Sunday, I'm wondering if Roxy would be allowed in to the main arena during BIS?

Obviously not seated right down the front, but instead up the back.

I'm there myself so I have nobody to watch her and I'd really like to see BIS if possible!

Thanks for any info.
Muddiwarx
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2011, 07:16 PM
No she wouldn't.
Many people move their dogs to the benches by the arena so they are closer though.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2011, 07:21 PM
Originally Posted by Muddiwarx View Post
No she wouldn't.
Many people move their dogs to the benches by the arena so they are closer though.
Aw. Didn't think so though but was worth finding out for sure!

I wouldn't EVER leave her unattended, if that's what you mean.

Or do you mean to watch it on the screens by the arena?

Or do you know of any responsible person who would look after a lovely, very friendly and well behaved little mongrel for a few hours.
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2011, 07:23 PM
No chance.

Main arena has security on for BIS

We need arm baNDS on, just to be allowed in to do a parade!
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2011, 10:28 AM
Erm how are you getting to Crufts? If it is by car, then it is simple, you just take the dog out to the car and put the dog in it, whilst you return to watch the BIS!
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

27-01-2011, 10:34 AM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
Erm how are you getting to Crufts? If it is by car, then it is simple, you just take the dog out to the car and put the dog in it, whilst you return to watch the BIS!
I`d rather leave my dog on a bench near me, than leave it in the car far away from the venue,
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2011, 10:43 AM
I would rather leave my dog in a safe, quite, secure location in a locked cage, in a locked car in a car park with manned security, than on a bench with all the noise of the stall holders disassembling their stands, Bannerdown, taking down the benches, cleaners coming round etc etc.

Very disturbing to the dogs!

As you cannot leave a dog alone on the bench you either have to find someone willing to sit in a very lonely place for some time with a dog or stay there yourself, put the dog in the car, or go home!
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

27-01-2011, 10:48 AM
I would rather leave my dog in a safe, quite, secure location in a locked cage, in a locked car in a car park with manned security, than on a bench with all the noise of the stall holders disassembling their stands, Bannerdown, taking down the benches, cleaners coming round etc etc.

Very disturbing to the dogs!

As you cannot leave a dog alone on the bench you either have to find someone willing to sit in a very lonely place for some time with a dog or stay there yourself, put the dog in the car, or go home!

The security on the car parks is a man sitting in a booth, the car parks are huge, your car may be locked, but someone determined to take your dog, steal your car will do so, without being challenged.

I agree though if you have to leave your dog to watch goings on in the ring so late on, take your dog home.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2011, 10:51 AM
Coach down and train back.

Wouldn't leave my dog for several hours in a cold car at night in the NEC car park at the world's biggest dog show! She's also 10 years old next week, although you'd never guess she was as old as that.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2011, 10:55 AM
I also don't have the option of taking my dog home as I live on the west coast of Scotland, otherwise I would do that!

I also don't want to leave her in the hotel on her own for several hours either. Especially given that a massive dog show is on nearby, it isn't worth the risk of theft of possible stress to my dog. same goes with the car.

Roxy doesn't go in crates either and I wouldn't leave her unattended in one (or not in one either) at the show or in the car.

I can't take her in to the arena and I have nobody responsible to look after her for a few hours, so it looks like I just won't be going to BIS, unfortunately!
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »