Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-11-2012, 07:15 AM

Morning Dogsey daily thread (Friday).

How are we all today.

I have a fairly hectic start to the day when I thought I was getting an easier one till last night when Michael announces he needs to go to London again today so would need a lift to the tube. I like where I live but this is very inconvenient not being on any proper bus routes etc.,
The good thing is he is staying up there he says he is meeting an old client I am not so sure I think there may be an assignation going on He won't tell me as I get attached to his girlfriends as they have been two lovely girls in the past but he won't commit so in the end it dies a natural death and I get quiet upset .
When I have sorted that I am taking Dillon for his stroll and then Mark my eldset is coming round for a cuppa to make sure I am not turning into Nan as the boys say when they want to tease me.

Well I hope you all have a lovely calm day and I will be back on later to catch up with the news.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2012, 07:31 AM
Morning Lynn and everybody

When I was speed reading your post quickly (I want another coffee ya see and have to get away from here!!!) and I got to the *assignation* I read it as *assassination* You're turning into a regular taxi service there Lynn, but it keeps you out of mischief and occupied. Hope you've spoken with Gorden overnight or first thing.

Hope you're a lot better this morning Jen, hoping Kyiro's foot is on the mend there Bev before his kennel trip, hope you got a good night's sleep for once there June and hope the babies and mum are still doing well, and if I've forgotten anything else I'm sorry. Oh yes, Jenny, don't spill the milk!!!

Well, Dave's home, and he wants to get to Comets first thing this morning coz they start their sale. Gaaawd it's gonna be a long queue over there, but luckily for me, there is a Next right beside Comet and a P@H the other - perfick He's going to walk Zena, so I can tidy up and get ready and we can head out when he gets back.

This will mean I won't see those horse owners though and it's kept me awake half the night worrying about that poor horse and if I could have done more I'm going to ask Dave to ask them, he won't of course, coz he doesn't do people!

Lots of black clouds floating across, I love the way I can see sooooooo much sky outside, right down to the sea from here, it's so different to where we used to live where I could hardly see any, maybe because we're so high up.

Then we're going up to the van, so Dave can pick holes in the job the builder's made of the bathroom, and I have a suspiscion that it aint gonna be pretty, having had this bloke doing other work here at work, but I'm sure Dave can do a bit of cosmetic surgery on it if needed. I'm then going to hand him the leaf blower for the lawn, whilst I whip the bedding off for washing, coz new guests coming on Sunday.

Well, thank God it's Friday hey, only one more day's graft and you can put your feet up hopefully. Hope all the dogelts are well, mine certainly is, she's in one of them this morning so enjoy your day and I'll pop in later, hopefully with some news on that poor horse.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-11-2012, 07:43 AM
Morning Helena busy day for you too.

I think Next and PAH is a much better idea than Comets.
Assassination Yes heard from Gorden via email it was 7am his time which meant I was still in bed tossing and turning.

He was going down to breakfast. There are 8 set meals for breakfast so he is pointing to different one each day and by the time he has tried each one he will know which are his favourites and what to ask for. He was trying to ask for salad and veg the other day and ended up borrowing the womans pad and drawing a carrot and also learnt the word for carrot. He also knows how to ask for tea with milk and a few other little phrases/words.
He says if he doesn't get any sheeps heads or televsion interviews today it should be a normal day hopefully.

Enjoy your day Helena as much as you can shopping and up at the van.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2012, 07:47 AM
Lol at Gorden having to draw what he wants to order there Lynn He ought to print off a few meals off the internet and just show them!!!!
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2012, 07:48 AM
Morning Lynn, H and all

I know what you mean Lynn re getting attached to girlfriends (boyfriend in our case), my daughter was engaged and with hers for 9 years before they broke up, he lived with us and was like a son. It's left us a lot of serious repercussions and a big falling out with my daughter recently (it's a very long story but has major implications)

I must have missed the bit about the horse H, whats going on there?

It's dry here atm but looks like rain is on the way. I am working this afternoon and for the rest of the weekend. I am hoping to get my cousin into a local nursing home over christmas just for sleeping and bathing as I don't have suitable bathing facilities for him, I don't know what we will do if I can't find anywhere as it takes almost an hour to take him home!

Have a lovely day all.
Nikki
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-11-2012, 07:53 AM
Morning all it's Friday! Yay one more day until discover dogs!

Had a nightmare walk this morning! Max's worst enemy was over the field so he was upset the whole way around, he did finally go and max was allowed off lead! The rest of the walk was better!

Just on my way to work, nothing really exciting!

Hope you all have a good day!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-11-2012, 07:54 AM
Originally Posted by moetmum View Post
Morning Lynn, H and all

I know what you mean Lynn re getting attached to girlfriends (boyfriend in our case), my daughter was engaged and with hers for 9 years before they broke up, he lived with us and was like a son. It's left us a lot of serious repercussions and a big falling out with my daughter recently (it's a very long story but has major implications)

I must have missed the bit about the horse H, whats going on there?

It's dry here atm but looks like rain is on the way. I am working this afternoon and for the rest of the weekend. I am hoping to get my cousin into a local nursing home over christmas just for sleeping and bathing as I don't have suitable bathing facilities for him, I don't know what we will do if I can't find anywhere as it takes almost an hour to take him home!

Have a lovely day all.
Morning Gerri. I glad I m not the only one the men in this house think i'm silly getting so attached. Thats men for you though I suppose.

Good luck with finding somewhere for your cousin over christmas.
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

09-11-2012, 08:09 AM
Morning everyone

Having a lazy day today as I have a few days off work Hope everyone has a nice start to the weekend.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2012, 08:17 AM
Morning all.

Wow, that is some choice for Gorden, Lynn. Steve has the same thing for breakfast every single day without fail and has done for ever. I offer the children a choice but it usually backfires. Michael says "yes" to everything and Carys spends a huge amount of time deciding, by which time school beckons ...

Right - must finish getting her ready to go to school then I will walk Loki.
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2012, 08:18 AM
Morning all,

I'm afraid I still feel crappy so staying home again today. Just not up for going in. Hopefully I start feeling better later, cause I have loads to do for Sunday.

Didn't feel like it but had to go to cadets last night and take them through to the British Legion for a rehearsal and for a talk about what the British Legion does. The standard bearers looked great, was really chuffed with them.
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 > Last »