Our sister sites
Our sister sites
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

14-07-2005, 12:13 AM

New people please say hi!

Hi to all the New people :smt039

Please say hi in this thread and give us a brief explanation of your involvment in breeding to date

New People are..

Mo
Christine
Hiya Boi

We also have Shadowboxer as an honorary Member and I will ask Mini if she would like access as well, as I think it might be handy to have them here (obviouslySB and Mini are not required to give past breeding details because they are not breeders).
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

14-07-2005, 12:47 AM
Please also note, as this is only a temp exclusive section, it is also a non-lurker section, meaning anyone not actively posting in this section will be removed from it. This is to help prevent people just lurking around for a 'nose'.

Shadowboxer
Fondly Remembered
Female  Diamond Supporter 

14-07-2005, 02:40 AM
Originally Posted by eRaze
Please also note, as this is only a temp exclusive section, it is also a non-lurker section, meaning anyone not actively posting in this section will be removed from it. This is to help prevent people just lurking around for a 'nose'.

Oh I was hoping just to 'lurk and learn'
Christine
Dogsey Veteran

14-07-2005, 06:11 AM
Hi everyone
I`ll start at the begining. I have Labradors, got my first nearly 11yrs ago, she`s my eldest, Bonnie I was persuaded to show her, she developed beautifully is a credit to here breed. Out of her 1st litter she produced 3 ch
I`ve had 4 litters in all. In all honesty I don`t like breeding but I do enjoy watching pups & showing
I`ve also had a lot of problems with their health. PRA, reactions to vax, parvo etc. I started the eye testing scheme here in Spain by bringing K. Barnett over to test the dogs. Have also used the dna testing by HealthGene, they gave Bonnie a clear eye certificate Their test wasn`t true & resulted in it being withdranw for Labradors.
Although its not been a long time I`ve been in dogs the experiences I`ve had seem to have been condensed into a short length of time
Also used to run my own boarding kennels but closed them a while ago due to health probs with my family in UK.
Think thats enough for now
Christine.
Louie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2005, 07:31 AM
Hi Christine, welcome, look forward to talking to you
Louie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2005, 07:42 AM
Hi and welcome SB
Hiya boi
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-07-2005, 08:11 AM
Hiya I'm Lorraine
We have been working and breeding English Springer Spaniels for 20 years.We have 3 bitches Jess who's nearly 7 and retired and her daughters Bonnie and Buffy.OH takes them rough shooting during the hunting season for Rabbits and Ducks.We always stud or bitches to a sire from field trialing preferably a champion or at least a winner.This ensures a good mix of blood for future puppies.
Four years ago I bought my first cavalier and from that moment I was hooked.
I now own 3 bitches and one dog and have only recently started breeding them.
I'm hoping to gain more knowledge from joining this breeders section and hope that I can be of some help to others.
mo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2005, 08:21 AM
Hi everyone,

Well although I have only bred once to date, I would class myself as a novice. I have owned and loved northern breed dogs for over 20 years. and never wanted to actually breed, but as I have Alaskan Malamutes. they tend to be same sex dominant, I already had two which were a dog and bitch, and I wanted another one, what were my options/which sex do I go for these were the things I had to consider, as I like my dogs to live in the home with me I had to try to work something out whereby I could have some form of harmony with the dogs living together. so after extensive research within my chosen breed and much reading in dog behaviour/pack mentality, my best option was to breed my own bitch and keep a bitch from this litter mother daughter relationships are a kinder one than siblings or just other bitch relationships, thats where it all started. I had the required medical checks done eyes hips etc all clear, and I did a lot of research into which sire I was going to use ( could have used my own male) but feel he is long in the loin, so I looked elsewhere, after quite some time checking the backgroungs /bloodlines on many dogs I funnily enough ended up using my males father, reason, well both my dog and bitch have SAME mother, but different fathers, my bitch is very much like her mother, so as this sire I wanted to use had been already used on my bitches mother and I loved what they produced I decided that was the way to go plus the bloodlines were not tight, the litter we produced in Dec 04 was something I was proud of , I already had a waiting list of people I had met, home checked, etc this was very time consuming I had over 70 enquiries, I met approx half that and placed approx half the ones I met onto my list, many were dissapointed,as there were just not enough pups but they were all told they may not be successful. all pups are on endorements all pups are on contract to be returned to me for any reason whatsoever. I will not breed unless (1) I want to add to my family (2) unless IMO they are going to improve the breed. I am at this moment looking to the future, I know I want 1 more dog, this is so I have back up when working the dogs in a team. but I am waiting til the time is right, I may use my bitch I have already bred, or I may wait to see how the bitch I kept out of the litter turns out and breed off her, this is still undecided at the moment, I would like to see what she produces but I am not in a rush, I wont breed from an underage bitch and as at the moment she is only 7 months old I have plenty of time til she is over two to find the right sire. Well thats me and my involvment in breeding, I wanted to come into this section, to gain as much information on breeding to add to the information I have already gained.

Mo
Louie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2005, 08:58 AM
Hi Lorraine and Mo, welcome
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2005, 09:13 AM
welcome to the "secret section" LOL

nice to have you here .......