Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
MaryS
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-09-2008, 10:37 AM

Rotty rescue

A firend of mine is heavily involved with this in London, do attend to support if you have the time or sponsor if not.

http://www.dogworld.co.uk/News/36-rot-rescues

Mary
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-09-2008, 01:50 PM
just had a nice chat with Peter who will hopefuly send up a collection box which hopefuly I can fill at the training club.

Also as I have empty kennels out back, with central heating, have offered to take in and hold dogs in an emergency, As he works well with the fife rottie rescue people he will make them aware of the offer,,,
MaryS
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-09-2008, 01:54 PM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
just had a nice chat with Peter who will hopefuly send up a collection box which hopefuly I can fill at the training club.

Also as I have empty kennels out back, with central heating, have offered to take in and hold dogs in an emergency, As he works well with the fife rottie rescue people he will make them aware of the offer,,,
Lovely Shona, It seems to bad down South at mo,

I can't take in any (possibly I may have to foster a Japanese Akita for someone in our breed who is v ill) but I promised I'd flag it on all my boards.

Mary
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-09-2008, 03:08 PM
Originally Posted by MaryS View Post
Lovely Shona, It seems to bad down South at mo,

I can't take in any (possibly I may have to foster a Japanese Akita for someone in our breed who is v ill) but I promised I'd flag it on all my boards.

Mary

After chatting to Peter, I have to say, the problems do seem really bad at the moment.

I would love to see a breeders micro-chip that way if there breeding ends up in rescue, they should be contacted, if they cant take the dog back, the least they could do is pay the cost of keeping and re-homing the dog.
but thats another thread I guess,
k9xxb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-09-2008, 03:27 PM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
After chatting to Peter, I have to say, the problems do seem really bad at the moment.

I would love to see a breeders micro-chip that way if there breeding ends up in rescue, they should be contacted, if they cant take the dog back, the least they could do is pay the cost of keeping and re-homing the dog.
but thats another thread I guess,
A breeders micro-chip - an interesting point!! Is that something which is viable though? Most caring breeders like the ones on this forum would go for it i assume - but what about the back street breeding that goes on?
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-09-2008, 04:12 PM
Originally Posted by k9xxb View Post
A breeders micro-chip - an interesting point!! Is that something which is viable though? Most caring breeders like the ones on this forum would go for it i assume - but what about the back street breeding that goes on?
I guess thats the problem, as with most things people who care would do it, others wouldnt,

but I would think that of the 450 dogs who have been put forward to the rescue linked to this thread in the first 8 months of the year,, a % of those will be breeders linked to breed clubs and so on,

the breeders chip would at least take some of the strain off such rescues.

They would be able to approach the breeder and ask for help be it for them to take the dog back or for the breeder to pay costs,

If all the breed clubs pushed it as part of membership, it would go a little way to help rescues...just a drop in the ocean but it would help,

It could come in very handy for other things too,
k9xxb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-09-2008, 07:37 PM
True enough - i guess every penny helps. It's just a shame that not everyone has the same idea.

450 DOGS - in the first 8 months???????? Hells bells!!!
MistyBlue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2008, 12:26 AM
thats alot of dogs!!

near me ive seen a few breeders drop there price from £500 per dog to £180, and thats 5gen health tested kc reg rottis, as the just cant sell them :-S

is it due to people not have alot of money because of all this 'credit crunch' business?

or what people beleive in the paper? on e lady had her to dogs for 3 years & 2 years, she said she no longer thought they were safe in her home and needed to go to working/guarding homes, after what she read, sad really as they were brought up with 3 kids and never touched them, she said she was worried they would snap
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2008, 09:36 AM
Originally Posted by MistyBlue View Post
thats alot of dogs!!

near me ive seen a few breeders drop there price from £500 per dog to £180, and thats 5gen health tested kc reg rottis, as the just cant sell them :-S

is it due to people not have alot of money because of all this 'credit crunch' business?

or what people beleive in the paper? on e lady had her to dogs for 3 years & 2 years, she said she no longer thought they were safe in her home and needed to go to working/guarding homes, after what she read, sad really as they were brought up with 3 kids and never touched them, she said she was worried they would snap
thats so sad, those poor dogs, what gets me angry is, there was plenty of bad press prior to her getting her dogs, she must have see it, so why get the breed when you have kids then suddenly when something else goes wrong think its time to part with your dogs, I often feel pressure from members of the family play a part, but even at that you wouldnt get me parting with my dogs, I have had large breed dogs since gordon was born, never had a problem not once
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2008, 04:58 PM
Originally Posted by k9xxb View Post
If the KC wanted to, they could only register pups that were chipped...?