Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Shirleyc
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-02-2007, 10:58 AM

Abuse shocking

Quote from isleofman.com

"Police in Ramsey have expressed disbelief at a horrifying act of cruelty against a young Labrador dog.

The animal was found by the water's edge at Sulby reservoir - having apparently been thrown 30 feet down an embankment.

It's tormentors had bound the dog's legs and nose with tape - and left it to die.

Stuart Peters has more:

(Text of attached audio)
By any standards this was an act of barbaric and callous cruelty.

The dog - a chocolate coloured labrador - was found yesterday by the side of the reservoir near the car park that runs alongside the dam.

Silver duct tape had been used to bind the dog's legs and jaw so the creature could not move - even if it had survived being thrown down the embankment.

But the animal, 2 to 3 years old, had not been neglected - it had been recently fed and was fit and healthy.

Anone with information about this disturbing discovery is asked to contact PC Midghall at Ramsey Police station.

Or ring police headquarters on 631212 - or Crimestoppers on 080 555 111. "

I have just read this on our local website and feel absolutely sick. How could somebody do this? I hope they rot. That poor, poor dog :smt022
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2007, 11:05 AM
That is so horrible People who commit acts such as this make me feel bloody murderous.

That poor dog - I hope they find who did this, although I suppose that isn't very likely.
Trish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2007, 11:08 AM
That is so awful, so needless, so cruel.
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

06-02-2007, 11:10 AM
Fu**ing sub-human scum, i really hope they get the ba**ards that did this. But what i find upsetting is that if they are found they will probably only get a slap on the wrists.
IanTaylor
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

06-02-2007, 11:11 AM
Someone should bind their hands and feet and.... well better leave the rest to your imagination

Hope the dog is ok now.
Shirleyc
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-02-2007, 11:13 AM
No I think it implies that the dog died. It says that even if it did survive to wouldnt have been able to move. So so awful
springergirl
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-02-2007, 11:18 AM
i cannot believe there are such cruel people in this world. someone should do this to them....see how they feel. makes me so mad
springergirl
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-02-2007, 11:19 AM
ps...just wondered if the dog had been stolen. just seems a bit weird that it was healthy and fit and had just been fed. just a thought????
Shirleyc
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-02-2007, 11:27 AM
Yeah I was wondering that as well, how awful for the owners if that is the case. Ive just phoned and told my other half and he was so mad he had to go to calm down.
I think they really must be sick in the head to do something like that
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

06-02-2007, 11:37 AM
What kind of person would do that to a dog, must have been high on drugs or a mindless imbecile. Poor dog it really does not bear thinking about. So sad .
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >