Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

08-09-2016, 08:47 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Michael has been made redundant. No redundancy payout for him as he hasn't been there long enough. Not paid yet either but said he should be paid for end Of August as the UK MD is understanding and knows the UK employment laws.
What a bummer if they were supplying MoD then I agree he will get paid, he might even get something in lieu of notice, not certain about that. Poor you Lynn, more stuff to worry about.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

08-09-2016, 08:50 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
She's back at the vets on Saturday for a check up as it was a big op
Poor girl, must be difficult for her and I do hope the pain killers work. As you say she probably just wants to be left alone in a quiet place. Please keep us posted.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

08-09-2016, 09:03 PM
Originally Posted by Sue L View Post
The raspberry bush is called Ruby Beauty. It grows to abut 3ft tall and they say shouldn't need support and produces about 3lb of fruit. It can be grown on a patio in a container or in the garden. I put mine in a container as the ground is heavy clay although the veg plot is much easier to manage that is taken up with beans etc We shall just have to wait and see how it tastes.

Lol at the man cave not being big enough. When we moved here Barry said he would have the back half of the garage (can keep a camper van in it) and the front part of the shed and I could have the back of the shed. Well I am noticing him creeping into my part so I have to keep moving his stuff back
Sue, hope you read this tomorrow and thanks for the name I'm going to look it up after I finish here. I was thinking of Joan J which is popular on the 'Grow your own' forum.

Yes SWMBO and I are constantly in 'negotiation mode' over the space for her gardening stuff She says I have too many tools and stuff which is partly true One of the reasons for all the work I'm doing is to get some cupboards and shelves up and then there will be enough space for us both to do what we want (Well that is the plan anyway )
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-09-2016, 09:07 PM
Hugs to Lona hope she's feeling much better very soon
Lynn I'm so very sorry that you've had more rubbish news, fingers are firmly crossed that Mark is lucky with the interview and that he's paid monies due to him
Norma nearly there with the decorating, fancy coming to do our upstairs
Griff how nice of you to fetch Max home, hopefully Steve will now grieve properly
My mum has rang and my step dad is through the operation, he has eaten something at tea time and drank some water, and was chatting to mum too, so am relieved.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

08-09-2016, 09:16 PM
Just removed an old tree branch frame seperating te garden from a path where thegarden composit bins are kept it was so rotton thaty all it took was one hand to break it all down. Sue and I popped down to the garden centre and ordered 2 trellis panels as replacements. At least the bins will be partly concealed. Now me thinking ahead as always save some timber from the old log stores that will make exellent support posts. So this afternoon it is down the tip yet again, I think we must be the ones that keep the guys there busy.

remains of above

Took down 2 pear trees this evening, they have not even flowered for the last 2 years so will replace them with something or other later on. it was tough work the ground was like a rock to dig into.

At least we are ready now for new trellis panels when they come Saturday. I really want to get it all done before my eye operation next week which will stop me seeing properly for a few days. Then they are going to do my other eye so will be looking like Long John Silver for a few days no doubt
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-09-2016, 09:45 PM
Managed to syringe one and a half pints of water into her, using a 5ml syringe, as you can imagine it took time and there is a lot of the water not gone in or she has dribbled it out, but she has swallowed some of it at least. Her mouth must feel a bit fresher now and cleaner. I got her lead and at once she got up and was interested, took her to the end of the road where the trees are and she had two dumps and a couple of long wee's. Kept letting her in the garden as I thought she wanted to go, but obviously the garden isn't good enough for her. At least I know all the plumbing is working.
She's lay in front of me gently swaying, obviously wants to sleep but is fighting it, heads gone to her paws, then jerked up again.
So happy to hear your step dad has come through his op fine and is already eating, Mandy, and you've spoken to your mum as well, you must feel a lot more relieved
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-09-2016, 09:49 PM
Tumbleweed, you and sue have been grafting!
TW,for what it's worth all of mine have whinged on the night of their surgeries and it is the GA I believe
Oh Lynn, I am so sorry for Michael....i hope he finds another job quickly
Evening Harvey, how goes the mancave??
I am seriously worried about lg now...really concerned for the old gett
I have returned Max home, seen molly and cheered her up and seen Steve and he is o.kish. Had 4pnts and gosh I'm going to suffer!!!!
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-09-2016, 09:50 PM
Mandy, so very pleased your step dad has had his op and is o.k so far
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-09-2016, 11:11 PM
You'll be poorly in the morning Griff
More concerned about the lack of fluids, but her mouth must be sore, was as careful as I could be but did catch her a couple of times
Let her out into the garden but she didn't do anything, so put puppy pads down on top of newspaper in case she needs to go.Hoping she's eaten and drank when I see her in the morning
I know what you mean, I think we're all very worried about him now
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4