View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
MistyBlue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2008, 03:43 PM
never celbrated or taken any noticed of halloween!

when we had our house a few years back we forget and the doorbell kept ringing so we turned the lights off an hid lol!

soon as the simpsons came on the kids dissapeared...when it went off they were all back out!

wont be doing anything for it tonight either!
Reisu
Almost a Veteran
Female 

31-10-2008, 03:49 PM
We are having fish and chips tonight and hiding, last year I had to keep watch from the living room window and tell my mum when it was clear to go and cook the rice, she was backwards and forwards all evening
Blackie's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2008, 04:38 PM
Originally Posted by catsta2001 View Post
No, doors locked, curtains drawn and door bell disconnected lol.
we have also put notice on the door. do not do halloween as part of my christian beliefs.

sue
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

31-10-2008, 04:49 PM
Oh I hope not, the OH works nights and isn't planning on getting up till 8.30pm. I can't disconnect the bell as it runs on electricity not batteries. It's bad enough with all the fireworks that keep going off. He's going to be grumpy
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2008, 05:00 PM
tbh i dont like halloween - its all about money n stuff - sadly lol

so i wont be answering the door - my chinese takeaway is far more important lol!!
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2008, 05:01 PM
Wish I could work out how to disconnect the door buzzer/intercom system thingy.....

Upstairs flat is having an adult halloween party so might pop up to that but don't want to leave Ben if the buzzer is going to go all night. I will try to avoid seeing/speaking to any guisers at all costs...

BAHHHHHHHHHHHHHUMBUG!!!!!
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2008, 05:21 PM
have put a note on the door
NO TRICK OR TREAT .... not that i'm mean but am just off to work and the dogs go mad when the door is knocked .
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2008, 06:30 PM
this is the first time i havnt bought any treats, so wont be opening the door. after charlies dinners delivered. thats it no more opening the door, ben can go in the hallway. hes got a heck of a bark on him.
went into town today and it was a frenzy of ppl buying stuff !!!!
but its all chavs around here so its a case of keeping the door shut. i mean a bin bag and a mask isnt much is it??
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2008, 07:34 PM
Doorbell disconnected as soon as 6pm came!!!! Feel really wicked, as my kids are out trick or treating (little boy a skeleton, 12 year old girl an "Emo Witch - don't even go there - lol) - supervised by the 15 year old sister. We always do Halloween in a big way, decorating the house, etc., this is the first year I've been a Humbug.......... just can't face having the dogs barking every 5 mins, which I don't normally mind as we are detached and next to a field, so I like the dogs to bark at strangers calling, but 20ish or more doorbell rings in a few hours, no ............can't face it!

Made a Halloween Cake for the kids to eat when they get in though! So I'm not all bad!
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2008, 07:48 PM
Both my boys are home,out for a total of an hour lol,because it's freezing

They both have a carrier bag full of goodies,enough to last till christmas
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >