Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

29-10-2008, 05:03 PM
Originally Posted by crazycockers View Post
This has turned into a publicity stunt that she is benefiting from!
That may (or may not) be true, I don't care about her, I'm more concerned about Andrew Sachs, a 78 year old man who has given me endless pleasure through his role as Manuel in Fawlty Towers (And who I still watch sometimes when it's repeated)

Remember his famous line:-
"I will forget it.......................eventually" OK the writers were good but his interpretation was brilliant and it's impossible to capture it on a chat forum.

Just think for a moment how you would feel if you picked up the phone one evening and heard someone being lewd and abusive about someone you loved. Just try to visualise it for a moment please.

To those who say there are more important things in the world, well yes of course there are, wars, terrorism, famine, and closer to home the real possibility of unemployment for many. I just happen to believe that if all humans were more responsible and respectful much of the worlds problems would not exist.

It's only a small step from saying if you can get away with doing what Ross & Brand did to an elderly man who had done them no harm, then you can justify almost anything.
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-10-2008, 05:33 PM
I did think it was distasteful...but Russell Brand is a comedian and his acts, gigs, whatever you want to call them, are distasteful. I guess it depends on your sence of humour. I'm not ashamed to say that I find Russell Brand to be amusing. I find Jonathan Ross to be amusing, too. Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

All I will say is that if people were offended by this, they certainly shouldn't watch Russell Brands stand up. He is very crude, but I take it with a pinch of salt.

Again, distasteful, yes, but there are far worst things going on in the world for people to get their knickers in a twist about.
Sweep
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-10-2008, 06:22 PM
Russell Brand has resigned & Jonathon Ross Show cancelled
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2008, 10:49 AM
Whoa - Jonathon Ross has been cancelled?! What about his Radio 2 show, I guess he won't be doing that anymore.

He has enough money anyway, he won't exactly be living in poverty
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2008, 11:31 AM
I have just commented on Azz's thread that I don't want to comment any further on this sick pair.
They have had enough publicity here and else where.

It has been interesting reading all your comments.
Page 6 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6