Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2013, 05:51 AM

Morning - Dogsey Daily Thread Friday

Morning all Dogsey Peeps

Very dark out there this morning and we've had overnight rain, but it's not raining now and the strong winds have gone, so I'll be a bit safer in the woods this morning from all those acorns dropping on my head. Next it'll be the conkers I suppose

Up early as I've got the bone cruncher this morning, but I'm actually looking forward to that, he's a lot better at his job than my hairdresser is, I shall come out of there very happy and hopefully will stay like it for a while. I might jot down some notes about what's going on with my hips and legs cos it'll save time, otherwise he sits there and asks me all these questions, instead of spending time pummelling me about.

Dave home tonight. He's fixed my car a treat. He's given it a full service, done lots of other work and he's changed the brake pads and now it's all quiet when you drive down the road no matter at what speed. He'll be giving it a good road test driving his 70 miles home. I won't see much of him over this week-end though cos Saturday he's doing the loo in the van along with a long list of other jobs up there, and Sunday, he's off to Brands Hatch for the last touring car meeting with his mates who are all piling over to me for breakfast Sunday morning, so all in all, a real busy week-end for us both.

Hope everyone is ok along with the doglets, and I'll pop back later when there's some news on here, which I hope will be all good too. Enjoy your day, the week-end is looming.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

11-10-2013, 06:18 AM

[The evil fairy has removed all your mirrors so you do not know if it is true! ]
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-10-2013, 06:21 AM
Morning Helena. Dark here too and wet Autumn seems to of arrived. Calmer here with the wind thank goodness it does make Dillon more loopy than usual.
Good luck with the bone cruncher today. Shame you won't see much of Dave this weekend and that it is going to be a busy one.

Changing beds here today but that will be a tumble dryer job can't stand wet sheets hanging about the house .
Gorden is hoping for an easier journey home tonight Wednesday he was late as he was looking at some rooms and that was a wild goose chase and last night he didn't get in till gone 8pm due to tube trains not running and shutting the stations down due to over crowding so having to walk to the next one then no room to get on the tube. Eventually he went further into London and changed route to get home. And they want to put the fares up.

That's my rant over. Have a good day all.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2013, 06:42 AM
Morning Helena and fellow members,

It is still very breezy here but not as cold as yesterday but that is probably 'cos we've got rain arriving any time .
I put a single duvet on the settee in the kitchen as I know the dogs are sleeping there more often now its getting colder. When I came in at 7 this morning they were both lying upside down on the duvet and it took them both a few moments to get up and say hello They love it. I've not put it away until tonight so they've gone off in to their beds for a snooze having been in the garden and had breakfast.

Nothing special on today just lost of housework.

Lynn - I think the wind does make animals a little more crazy. My two certainly are and my horses use to be on their toes if it was windy. I too am going to strip ou beds today and I intend to use out tumble dryer (which is nearly 28 years old!!) I hope Dillon behaves himself out on your walk and doesn't try to play tuggy with his lead ... it must be like having a small pony on the end of it
Helena - Good luck at the osteopath this morning and hopefully you'll come out skipping and goind back-flips with no pain. A busy day for you both on Saturday and then a 'day off' for you on Sunday while Dave's at Brands ... well after you'll cooked all those breakfasts and cleared up Maybe you can go out and visit friends in your lovely car
Malka - I hope you have a calm and more peaceful day today I hate mirrors and look in them as little as possible.

I hope all poorly peeps and dogs are feeling better.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2013, 07:39 AM
Good Morning everyone,

Helena, glad you got your car back all nice and quiet now. Hope you feel good after the bone cruncher has done his work. Have a good weekend even if a busy one.

Lynn yes much better out there now the wind has dropped. Hope Dillon behaves himself on your walk.

Malka, morning hope you had a good night with Pereg.

Jenny, Dogs like their bit of comfort. Amber shares the bed with me. Bad habit to start but I like to cuddle her in the winter when its cold. In the hot weather she more often than not will lie down the side of the bed to keep cool for which I am grateful or she has her own armchair in the lounge which she loves.

Have a good day everyone and stay safe, God bless, Moyra
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2013, 07:49 AM
Morning Lynn, I'm glad I don't have to travel around on trains, poor Gorden, but will it make life a lot easier for him once you've moved? Hope so. Hope Dillon behaves himself today now that the wind's dropped a bit.

Morning Malka, personally I don't feel very beautiful today cos I'm having a bad hair day (week, month!)

Morning Moyra, I wish Zena would share her bed with me like Amber does, but she'd prefer to be on guard in a prominent position for any possible attacks overnight

Morning Jenny, awwww, can just imagine those beautiful boys lying upside down on the duvet there Zena is sleeping more and more in the kitchen, but I guessed that was because she was hot rather than cold Maybe I'll try putting a duvet in there and see if she uses it. She likes to lie upside down underneath the breakfast bar, with her back feet wedged against the footrest of the stool, or wedged up against the radiator, which I worry about, cos I've got the heating on now.

Had a wet walk in the woods, cos the trees were all dripping over me even though the heavy rain we had just before I went out had stopped. Blue skies again now.

Had a short walk this morning cos I wanted a shower, and I'll feed Zena and get myself off to the osteopath for him to work his magic on my legs and hips, oh joy.

Glorious sunshine now, very changeable isn't it today.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2013, 08:00 AM
HiH and everyone. Glad Dave has sorted your car H.
Cold and very blustery today but dry and sunny.
Morning Malka, Jenny, Moyra
Morning Lynn, I'm glad I don't have to contend with tubes.
We are going shopping today, not a lot we need but it will get us out the house (no housework )
Hope you all have a good day
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2013, 08:22 AM
Nippy, Jenny have a good shopping trip best sort when there is not much to get.

Helena as our flat is not that big doesn't take much guarding. Amber is still alert to all noises such as cats and foxes etc so she soon lets us know when something or someone is about. Amber spends most of the day laying on my bed, unless it is in her favourite armchair which is where she can watch me in the kitchen from there.

I tend to forget she is only two and a half because she is so laid back and calm. They say dogs are like their owners so Helena and Lynn time to relax more then your dogs will too. Lol.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2013, 08:31 AM
Morning
We had FROST!!this morning,but its now dry and sunny
My Maggie( Merc) is a disaster in a real hard frost or snowknow its early days but I dread it
MALKA,what a lovely thing to say
LYNN,(( hugs)) cause you're cuddly
HELENA,good to hear your car is sorted,hopefully soon you can say the same about your hair Have you any left??
SHAGGY,think I'd be sleeping in the duvet with Rucksack and Flash too....they are adorable
NIPPY JENNY,enjoy your shopping,will be going later too when I pick Leah up from school
Hi to anyone I've missed,have a great day
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2013, 08:31 AM
Good morning MOYRA
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 > Last »