Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
chloe-louise
Dogsey Junior
Female 

25-07-2006, 07:26 PM

Pups with runny noses

Hi my pups are just over 2 weeks and have runny noses the vet said it could just be to do with the weather or it keep be herpies virus, i have to keep a eye on there weight and make sure they are all feeding well. they all seem very healthy and are feeding very well, how many people have had this before and the pups have all been fine and it was just because of the weather?
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

25-07-2006, 09:27 PM
Hi chloe-louise you don't say if the discharge from the puppies noses is clear or coloured/watery or mucus? Do they have a high temperature?

You have seen a vet so obviously he is aware of the situation I don't think the hot weather should make puppies noses run, pollen and dust might though as would a slight infection.
chloe-louise
Dogsey Junior
Female 

26-07-2006, 08:50 AM
Hi sorry its clear and watery mum started being sick this morning so i think they may all have a bug, iv got them booked in at the vets at 11 so hopefully will know more then.
Meg
Supervisor

26-07-2006, 08:53 AM
Originally Posted by chloe-louise
Hi sorry its clear and watery mum started being sick this morning so i think they may all have a bug, iv got them booked in at the vets at 11 so hopefully will know more then.
Hi Chloe louise,I hope all is well with your little ones .
chloe-louise
Dogsey Junior
Female 

26-07-2006, 09:15 AM
I will let you know how we get on.
Berger
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2006, 10:59 AM
Aw poor things. There seems to be alot of this going around at the minute.

I hope they are all ok. Let us know
chloe-louise
Dogsey Junior
Female 

26-07-2006, 12:11 PM
mums been giving some anti biotics hopefully she will feel better soon, just have to keep a eye on the pups make sure the keep gaining weight and they dont start being sick.
Meg
Supervisor

26-07-2006, 01:54 PM
Originally Posted by chloe-louise
mums been giving some anti biotics hopefully she will feel better soon, just have to keep a eye on the pups make sure the keep gaining weight and they dont start being sick.
Hi chloe-louise I hope they will all be ok, the ABs should get through to the puppies in their mothers milk.I would keep a close eye on them particularly when the bitches course of ABs is finished.
chloe-louise
Dogsey Junior
Female 

26-07-2006, 03:03 PM
I will do, i have weighed them and they have all gained a good amount of weight, thanks very much for your replies you are all stars.