Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2005, 12:23 AM

Teagan is destroying!

Over the past 3 or 4 days, Teagan has started chewing things again!

I woke up the other morning to find a large hole in the wall, and concrete spread around my kitchen.
Today she has chewed the lino by the back door, the front door mat, and the door frame to the living room.

Any ideas why she would suddenly start doing this?!
Roxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

08-02-2005, 09:39 AM
I havent any ideas Hevvur but I feel for you!
Shadowboxer
Fondly Remembered

08-02-2005, 09:49 AM
Has anything, however small and seemingly insignificant, changed in either her routine or yours? I can't remember her age, sorry, but could it be connected with teething or a season? Sometimes one thinks that the pup/dog is completely trained and then, for no apparent reason, they suddenly go off the rails. Could be just one of those blips that we all have experienced at some time.
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2005, 09:55 AM
She is nearly 11 months, and was spayed about 3 weeks ago.

I started work 3 weeks ago, so I am out of the house a little more than normal, but only for a few hours at a time - but I was out of the house anyway before I worked, running errands etc!!

Hopefully it's just a little blip, and it's her age!!
candie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2005, 11:17 AM
aww hevvur!!candy has eaten the wals up the stairs and thats while ive been in!!!grrrr
Meg
Supervisor

09-02-2005, 01:22 PM
Ah Hevvur, chewing is for a variety of reasons, teething, boredom, habit...you can try to minimise this by making sure Teagan is fed and has some good exercise before you leave her. If it is at night.. again maybe she feels you have been gone too long and 'there is nothing better to do so I will chew things' I would be inclined to get up earlier, take her out and give a biscuit..even if it means going back to bed afterwards to get a lay in
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2005, 02:52 PM
Ok, have come back today, and she has been chewing even more walls, floor etc!

Have been talking to my mum (My mum pays half the mortgage!), and we have decided to look for an outdoor kennel, with enclosed run.

It will only be used when I have to go out (not at night, and not whilst I am at home).

Can anyone recommend any companies online to get an idea of prices?
I'm going to have a look at a gerden centre tomorrow that used to sell them....

I've tried giving her things to do whilst I'm out, also been taking her on long walks, and playing with her more to tire her out, but it doesn't seem to work!

She doesn't do it at night, only when I leave the house.
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2005, 05:52 PM
hevuur indie went thru this not long ago, all of a sudden she started destroying things, she ate my matress and several areas of the carpet. Anyway, after adding in a bit of extra exercise, such as throwin a ball for her for 10 mins outside b4 i went out she stopped doing it.

Hopefully its jus a blip and a bit more mental or physical stimulation would help to tire her out b4 u leave.
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2005, 06:37 PM
She goes for a walk before I leave, and when I come back!

She has different toys to play with, ones with food inside etc....

Even if it is a blip she's going though, my Mum is getting mad that she's eating the kitchen! lol
Moli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-02-2005, 11:08 PM
Is she getting anxious about being left. My Tara went throught a stage at 6 months were if I even went upstairs she would chew something and whine. I have managed to sort it out thankfully.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >