Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2007, 05:07 PM
Originally Posted by Sweep View Post
Well the date has finally come around again 2.45 pm - not sure what to expect??

Just seen this, hope it all went well for you
Trish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2007, 05:33 PM
As a Raynaud's sufferer myself I would be interested to hear how you got on.

Hope it went OK.
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2007, 05:42 PM
How did it go Sweep ? Ok I hope x
Sweep
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2007, 08:18 PM
Sorry but what a waste of time! The Consultant asked me what work I did in Canterbury??????????I don't live in Canterbury, he then sort of listened to me, told me "that's Raynauds Phenomenon, cope with it"............advised me to stop smoking..........I HAVE NEVER SMOKED
Then said come back in the Winter so I can see it when it is really bad................I felt like saying open a fridge door & you'll see............sorry but I was not impressed, I felt like I wasted his time & also that he was not bothered as his appointment before me took a long time my appointment was for 2.45 I saw him at 3.25 & was out at 3.30
So I will cope

Thanks for caring you guys x
Trish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2007, 08:34 PM
The consultant sounds a right idiot - obviously doesn't have a clue about Raynaud's, yes it can be coped with but advice, support and possible mediction recommendations would have been nice!!

So sorry you were treated with so little respect. xx
petebren
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2007, 08:38 PM
Oh Sweep that was awful, some consultant, sound as if he had something on his mind!! Is there another hospital you can go to in the area? Your condition sounds really awful, really feel for you esp as you cant find out how to helop it cos of a stupid consultant who does not deserve to be one, grr, love and hugs
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2007, 09:22 PM
Did you go to a hospital in Canterbury or the William Harvey, the doc I see is really sweet and caring and thorough, I can understand him asking what job you do, as if it was something that has a lot of vibration with it, it can make the Reynauds worse, the pills I was prescribed were Nifedapine. Oh and it doesn't take your hands to be blue/white/pink for them to be able to tell you've got it.
Trish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2007, 09:32 PM
Originally Posted by CLMG View Post
Did you go to a hospital in Canterbury or the William Harvey, the doc I see is really sweet and caring and thorough, I can understand him asking what job you do, as if it was something that has a lot of vibration with it, it can make the Reynauds worse, the pills I was prescribed were Nifedapine. Oh and it doesn't take your hands to be blue/white/pink for them to be able to tell you've got it.
Are you OK on Nifedipine? I can't take it, have had my Pill changed, only been on it about 3 weeks, need longer before I can say if there has been any improvement.

It wasn't colour changes that led to my diagnosis, so can agree there!
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2007, 10:26 PM
You waited long enough for the appointment to be told that!!!!!!! I would have been in tears with frustration - sorry sweep x
Sweep
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2007, 01:14 PM
Originally Posted by CLMG View Post
Went to the Royal Victoria Hospital Folkestone but think the Consultant was based elsewhere. - tablets do not work for me.........
I can understand that he would ask what type of work I did..........but he asked what work I did in Canterbury
He gave me a leaflet Ah well I'll cope whatever
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >