Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2008, 03:32 PM
Originally Posted by ssmith80 View Post
rather unrelated... but our next door neighbour is separated from his first wife and has a young daughter of about 7 that comes to visit on the weekend.

he owns a JR called Poppy that his daughter is allowed to play with, so when she knocked on our door and asked to play with the pugs I didn't mind.

I went out the front 3 minutes later to check on her and she was picking up stones from the driveway and THROWING it at the dogs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You can imagine how furious I was. Now i'm really careful about who plays with mine.
Oh! they do that too...............one day they will pick on the wrong dogs......mine just think they are loopy
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
You really need to explain to them that by doing that they are acting just like frightened animals in the dogs eyes, but of course that would not be PC would it !!!
Not really.............besides everytime you speak to them they go ''nice neighbour no english'' then they run the shop over the road and speak perfect english when you buy stuff
Originally Posted by artemis View Post
Cant stop laughing at your last comment!

I own up to hiding down the side of our car..............laughing but then I have a ''wicked sense of humour''
catsta2001
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-09-2008, 03:34 PM
Some people just dont like dogs.
My housemates Mum came over and Hec jumped up to say hello and she practically left the flat at 100mph. She had real fear in her voice as well.....myself and my other flat mate rather ashamedly found it amusing.
But, having said that I agree that it is deffo a culture thing too.
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2008, 03:52 PM
Yep it is cultural. When my Mum was selling her house, an asian family looked round and the children were screaming when they saw the rabbit! My Mum has an Asian friend, she doesn't really like dogs but still visits and puts up with Lottie wiggling around for a tummy rub. She says that as a child, she was told lots of scary stories about animals, particulary dogs and how dirty and dangerous they were. Her brother lives in Pakistan and has a farm. His dogs live in his house and all his neighbours laugh at him. They think he's mad!

On the other hand, lots of people are scared of dogs. When people drag their kids away from Loki or cross the street to avoid him I just whistle to myself 'Who's afraid of the big bad wolf'. By the time they've figured out the tune I'm long gone!
Fernsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2008, 04:52 PM
I have read that in certain religions you lose some days of accumulated good deeds for getting into heaven if you even touch a dog . I don't want to say what religion it is in case I offend anyone
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2008, 04:54 PM
Originally Posted by Fernsmum View Post
I have read that in certain religions you lose some days of accumulated good deeds for getting into heaven if you even touch a dog . I don't want to say what religion it is in case I offend anyone
It's so easily done isn't it!!!!
Reisu
Almost a Veteran
Female 

10-09-2008, 05:00 PM
We're all going to hell then still, if there's dogs there...
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2008, 05:07 PM
Originally Posted by Reisu View Post
We're all going to hell then still, if there's dogs there...

funny though dog spelt backwards is god ............
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2008, 05:09 PM
It's difficult... The field where I walk most often is full of dogs, but that still doesn't stip the occasional phobe from walking or jogging there... Poor Kismet can't understand at all! Recently we met a whole family of terrified dog phobes walking their 2 Chihuahuas... As Kismet trotted up, they screamed at me to put her on the lead... I assumed there must be something wrong with their dogs, so I called them all back and leashed them... The odd group then picked up their little dogs and stalked past.... looking terrified at my three... The only thing they said in defence of their bizarre actions to me after they had passed was "Wolf dogs eat little dogs" ???? wolf dogs? do they mean Kismet?
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2008, 05:49 PM
Oh! dear NO HEAVEN for me then...........
Originally Posted by magpye View Post
It's difficult... The field where I walk most often is full of dogs, but that still doesn't stip the occasional phobe from walking or jogging there... Poor Kismet can't understand at all! Recently we met a whole family of terrified dog phobes walking their 2 Chihuahuas... As Kismet trotted up, they screamed at me to put her on the lead... I assumed there must be something wrong with their dogs, so I called them all back and leashed them... The odd group then picked up their little dogs and stalked past.... looking terrified at my three... The only thing they said in defence of their bizarre actions to me after they had passed was "Wolf dogs eat little dogs" ???? wolf dogs? do they mean Kismet?

That had me laughing, poor Kismet
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

10-09-2008, 06:20 PM
Originally Posted by ssmith80 View Post
I hope nobody takes offense to this message, but its just the way i think!
What the hell is there to take offence at You told the truth it's not your fault there are people who know nothing about dogs yet still feel they can make insulting remarks to you.
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >