Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2008, 11:25 PM

Durabed raised bed

I'm looking at getting a couple of these for the spotties - having just spent 3 hours shampooing the lounge carpet my first thought was 'never again are we having dogs in here'

However, we all know that won't happen and I thought it'd be nice to have beds that are raised to minimise dirt from the bed to the carpet and also hopefully stopping Takara's habit of humping her bed when stressed/excited (although, giving her something she's allowed to destroy seems to help!)

Well I looked at the prices of the durabeds, of which I would need two large ones and they're about £50 each

I know, I know, they would last me twice as long as a bed half the price, but I really don't have enough money to be forking out over £100 on dog beds and there's no point whatsoever in asking for them for Christmas.

Does anyone know anywhere you can get them cheaper (I've already looked at ebay and amazon so I'm guessing not) or can anyone give me a review of them to make sure I'm not wasting my money?!

I don't know how comfy they'll be, and Eddy - with his old bones, needs something nice and comfortable and Takara's just a tart so wants something comfortable.

Thanks in advance x
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2008, 11:53 PM
I think she'd struggle to hump a Durabed!!

They are excellent beds, my Cats have one, the Dogs use it too. I have had it years and years, still in excellent shape, you can wash the bed it comes off the frame easily. Fully recommend them. I paid £42 several years ago for the small one. they are not "soft" but you can put soft things in it if you wish.
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-11-2008, 12:02 AM
Thanks Dawn - I thought that too (about not being able to hump it!) I'll let you know if she does! haha!

Yes, I could put something else in for Eddy... and Takara would get used to it, I'm sure. Hmm, decisions decisions! Perhaps I could shell out... At the moment even £100 is a heck of a lot of money to me!!
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-11-2008, 12:08 AM
Dawn, do you think these will be as good?
http://www.amazinganimal.co.uk/monam...m-p-17598.html

I can get these from my wholesaler whereas they don't supply the durabed If I buy from myself I get a staff discount!
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-11-2008, 12:10 AM
They look OK, I think the difference is the durabed has sides, so the dog cant hang over the edges, the oldie may "feel" the steel edges under him? let me have a mooch round for you.
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-11-2008, 12:15 AM
Thanks Dawn,

Yes I was concerned about that - I like the sides on the durabed because both of mine like to rest their head on something or push out against the sides of the bed.

I may have to see if I can get them from a different wholesaler

Thanks again x
Koda
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-11-2008, 12:15 AM
they look really nice! would they be better for my 2 as they get really hot and bothered sleeping in "normal" beds and move around alot trying to get cool(even with windows open?) Kodas now to big for his crate but he's housetrained (THANK GOD FOR CRATES!) so he just sleeps free...

dawn over to you(if u know?)

not meaning to hi-jack your thread lottie hope u dont mind xxx
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-11-2008, 12:18 AM
Have a look down this lot, a few similar types and much cheaper.

http://www.petplanet.co.uk/category.asp?dept_id=135
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-11-2008, 12:19 AM
Originally Posted by Koda View Post
they look really nice! would they be better for my 2 as they get really hot and bothered sleeping in "normal" beds and move around alot trying to get cool(even with windows open?) Kodas now to big for his crate but he's housetrained (THANK GOD FOR CRATES!) so he just sleeps free...

dawn over to you(if u know?)

not meaning to hi-jack your thread lottie hope u dont mind xxx
They would be able to get more air around them than plastic beds would allow, all I can say is mine love theirs.
Koda
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-11-2008, 12:22 AM
Thank You Very much

xx
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >