Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2010, 10:18 AM

The Dog Appreciation Thread

There have been so many negative comments made, and a lot of back biting going on in some of the threads that I would like to hear the good things about dogs, what you get out of owning your pet(s), the friends you have made by owning them.

I am a member of Dogsey because, on the whole, we all love not only our own dogs but also those of our friends on here, we comment on each others photos and share the good and bad times that come with sharing our lives with these wonderful creatures.

I know I couldn't go on with out my boy, he is the reason I get up in the morning, he brings me so much pleasure and, oh the pain when he is poorly, but I wouldn't be without him, not for all the money in the world.
Insomnia
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2010, 10:46 AM
Lovely idea for a thread
We got a dog for many reasons. I've literally waited most of my life and it's everything I hoped! We wanted companionship, - check! entertainment, - check! loyalty - check! basically everything! I enjoy his wonderful cuddles, he snuggles his head right in and his teeth chatter when hes enjoying it. He's the sweetest boy ever and we wouldn't want to be without him!
It's a lovely idea to celebrate our dogs
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2010, 11:06 AM
My Staffordshire Bull Terrier brings me so much pleasure He's fab! He makes me laugh when I'm feeling down, he brings me his toys when he wants to play. He talks to us, he loves the kids He loves nothing more than to sleep on our bed, I couldn't ask for anything more from him

Our old boy (German Shep X Collie) Was my friend, protector, I have never known a more loyal friend in my life.........I was heart broken when he left us last year Every night we go outside and sit by his grave in the garden, he gave me the best 15 years of my life..........

Lovely thread, Sheree x
Moli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2010, 11:14 AM
I could not imagine life without my dogs, they are my best friends, always with me....they get me out everyday, and I have made so many friends through them....Love them all to bits..............
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2010, 11:33 AM
My dogs are my world. They love me unconditionally as I do them, they never answer me back, they are always pleased to see me, they comfort me when I am sad, they listen without moaning when I ramble on and on to them about things, they share my joy when I am happy. I couldn't live without them and would move heaven or earth to do my best by them.
I have made many many very good friends here and in the doggy world but I have to be honest and say no friend can ever be as special as my dogs are to me.
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2010, 11:46 AM
Lovely thread... my dogs do not make me prosperous, they do not earn me any money... what they give me is something more than that, I am rich because they are mine and I am theirs.
When I am greeted by three beautiful faces in the morning, I get kisses and smiles and a certain boy (Deacon) sings to me, it is such a great start to a day.... when I come in from a grotty day at work, I get three comforters all botties wagging. If I am down or crying (quite often at the moment due to health issues - mine and theirs) I get licks and cuddles and that is all the comfort I need.
I could not be without my beautiful trio... they are my world.
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2010, 12:03 PM
Great thread! My dogs are everything. I have changed my career to be with them all day. I love walking with them whatever the weather. They are sweet with my kids and so affectionate to those they know. Everytime I go shopping or out for dinner etc. I'm constantly checking the time so they don't get left too long. I have made some wonderful friends who don't think I'm a total nutter for loving my dogs! I could never be without them, they are my world.
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2010, 12:14 PM
Originally Posted by madmare View Post
My dogs are my world. They love me unconditionally as I do them, they never answer me back, they are always pleased to see me, they comfort me when I am sad, they listen without moaning when I ramble on and on to them about things, they share my joy when I am happy. I couldn't live without them and would move heaven or earth to do my best by them.
I have made many many very good friends here and in the doggy world but I have to be honest and say no friend can ever be as special as my dogs are to me.
That is a beautiful post and I share your sentiments exactly - couldnt have said it better
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2010, 12:49 PM
Awww, you lot all brought tears to my eyes, some lovely words, spoken from the heart xx
Kalasin
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-06-2010, 01:42 PM
My baby boy is my heart and soul. He stole my heart from the minute I met him and he has since refused to give it back. He is the light of my life and I think I have as much of a problem with separation anxiety as he does! Together forever, my Kiba and I.

When my gorgeous English Setter Cally died a few weeks ago a part of me died and went across the rainbow bridge with her. Not because of my selfish desire to keep her with me, but because I know she would like a companion to keep her company on the other side. She was such a special girl to me and I still haven't come to terms with the loss. Part of my life for over half the time I have been on this world she had the temperament of a saint and helped people to overcome their fear of dogs. My special girl lives only in memory now and forever there she will stay.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >