Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
mo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2009, 05:39 PM

Lump under skin?

OK just this minute found a small pea sized lump under Bailey skin on his left shoulder, and I am freaking, it seems attached to the inside of his skin, but not attached to the tissues below if you what I mean, has anyone else had anything like this on their dog? I am going to get him to the vets but just wanted a little imput from you guys.

Mo
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2009, 06:34 PM
Hi,

Ellie had one that came up suddenly without any other syptoms of anything being wrong just after her first season. I took her to the vets who felt around and moved it about. It didn't hurt her and she wasn't bothered by it at all.

It was on the right hand side of her face about an inch below her right eye. The vet wasn't concerned. She did tell me what it was but I can't remember the word she used. She told me that when Ellie was spayed if it was still there she'd remove it.

I'd forgotten abut it until Tuesday when Ellie went back for her spay and the vet mentioned it. She had a good look and feel around but it seems it's gone.

it sounds the same as what Baily has inthat it could be manipulated and movwed around slightly under the skin and wasn't tied into any muscles fibre, bone or other tissues.

If you're worried then please get Bailey to a vet for your own peace of mind. I hope it's nothing more than what Ellie had, in which case it's completely harmless but can be removed if you so wish.

Does Bailey have any other signs of there being anything wrong? If not then I'm sure you have nothing to be too concerned about.

Laura xx
Muddiwarx
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2009, 06:35 PM
Could it be his microchip? Rocky's (which is wandering) feels a bit like that
Greyhawk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2009, 06:43 PM
A benign cyst? Inca had one on her left shoulder and like you I was slightly concerned, the vet stuck a needle in and wasn't worried and a few days later it went down on its own.

Hugs to Bailey x
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

02-05-2009, 06:45 PM
Star had a pea sized sebaceous cyst on her side a few years ago. It was just under her skin and was not attached to anything. The vet did keep an eye on it and as it did not change we left it alone until it burst one day and it has never come back
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2009, 06:57 PM
Bit bigger than pea sized but two of my dogs have had hematomas, on their sides, sounds like what you have described but bigger.

Hope it is nothing serious xxxxx
mo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2009, 08:32 PM
Ahhh thanks guys, feel a little calmer now, I will take him to the vet at work and have them take a look, I freaked out a little when I found it, he is not showing any symptoms of illness just the general getting a bit older types of things once again thanks for calming me down.

Mo