Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
goldenbas
Dogsey Junior
Male 

06-11-2006, 10:56 PM

Why Is My Dog Peeing On Me?!?

I am really at my wits end, Guinness (male) is 10 weeks and the first time he done it, I put it down to him "marking his territory" but he's done it a few times now and I just dont understand WHY?!?! He's even Pee'd on his sister (she's the same age), he does it on his toys, his bed,and one time he even poo'd. Does anyone know why this is happening? Is he marking his territory? or is it a behavioural problem? Bailey has never done anything like this....Ive had several dogs and never had this problem before.

Any help or advice would be appreciated guys,

Thanks in advance.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-11-2006, 12:16 AM
Does he do this when he greets you? It could be submissive urinating or losing bladder control because he's excited. Has he been house trained? You might want to have him checked out by a vet to eliminate any medical causes.
goldenbas
Dogsey Junior
Male 

07-11-2006, 04:25 PM
he doesnt do it when he greets us and i dont think its cos he's excited,he can be sitting next to me or on me and he just does it. got the vets on thursday for their 2nd vac so i think i will ask his opinion but no doubt he'll probably tell me what you already have, maybe it's just a phase

thanks Lucky Star
kyektulu
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-11-2006, 03:25 PM
Goldenbas, he may be marking you as his own, or maybe he has a weak bladder?

Getting the vets advice on this would be a very good thing to do.

Let us know how it goes!

Good luck
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

08-11-2006, 03:52 PM
Originally Posted by goldenbas View Post
I am really at my wits end, Guinness (male) is 10 weeks and the first time he done it, I put it down to him "marking his territory" but he's done it a few times now and I just dont understand WHY?!?! He's even Pee'd on his sister (she's the same age), he does it on his toys, his bed,and one time he even poo'd. Does anyone know why this is happening? Is he marking his territory? or is it a behavioural problem? Bailey has never done anything like this....Ive had several dogs and never had this problem before.

Any help or advice would be appreciated guys,

Thanks in advance.
Hi Goldenbas maybe it is simply because he doesn't know what else to do, he wants to relieve himself and does so ?
Also he could have a urinary tract infection, this should be checked out by the vet.
He is too young to have control over bodily functions as yet, what are you doing to houstrain him? Is he being taken out enough times
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-11-2006, 03:58 PM
Hi Guinness is still only a baby at 10 weeks, it could be a number of things but best as you say to get him checked when you visit the vet.

I have had similar incidents here with two boys ( 10 months old ) but every situation is different, I hope the vet eliminates any concerns and your little fella is ok x