Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
duboing
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2006, 03:15 PM

Anyone know Reading at all?

We're spending this weekend in London with my sister (going to Discover Dogs - yay!), but OH is giving a talk at Reading University on Monday, so I will have to entertain myself for a good few hours while he gives his presentation then hob-nobs with the met. department geeks. This is complicated by the fact that Bongo is coming too, so ideally we could do with somewhere nice to walk/chill out and a dog-friendly pub or something so we can go somewhere dry if it starts bucketing down with rain All this preferably near the university campus, as I don't drive.

Any suggestions gratefully received
ellenlouise
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-11-2006, 04:04 PM
I'll ask my grandma tonight i used to live there but I was very young. Worse come to the worse go and have tea with my grandma she loves dogs and has tea and biscuits lol. Seriously though I will ask.
thandi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2006, 07:13 PM
I used to live near the Uni - you could walk to palmer park from there (although it might be better is you no the cut throughs...and depends which bit of the campus you are on) there is also a lake, but I am not sure whether that is ok to walk round with dogs.

you can walk to town from the campus, and ther eis a good bus service for when you are loaded down with shopping